NHL Stadium Series Jerseys

Anubis2051

...and the fact that the NHL will kill these outdoor games. It used to be a one time thing, now it's everyone's doing it. It alters the game play. What's next, game 1 of each playoff series will be outside? I love hockey, but it's the poorest marketed sport. Instead of the stars (like the NBA hypes LeBron, etc) no name guys on a 4th line drag the superstars around in a 1-0 game.

KISSwall09.jpg

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys... so I saw the Ducks jerseys up close at the game... and um... despite the chrome logo chest patch... these... are really cool. Maybe I'm just too biased, but I love the orange. I really really do. Like more than I really though I would.

And the weird thing, and maybe this is why they did this, when I was sitting in the upper deck looking down at the people wearing the jerseys on the lowest level, the chrome logo actually worked. Because, let's all remember, these are being worn in huge stadiums and everyone is sitting far away. From far away, it works. I don't know if that's a compliment or a damning of them, but take it for what it's worth.

I'm really close to pulling the trigger on this. (Especially because I had the $250 comment from earlier stuck in my head, they're not there. With the patch it's $190, but that's enough of a difference for me to do it, I think.)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I still don't get the sleeve numbers. Aren't players usually crouching or leaning forward? So if they felt they had to tilt the number, shouldn't it be tilted so it's more straight when the player is bent forward? Seems they've done the opposite.

They will crouch but the position of their arms holding the stick, will probably make the numbers straight.

Have fun reading those nameplates.

Also, would it be lame to have a Winter Classic and Heritage Classic trophy, much like bowl game trophies?

It wouldn't have to be Stanley Cupish, but rather have a little engraved plate that has the date, location, attendance and score?

I was actually thinking that too. I thing that'd be pretty cool, and it may or may not have to do with my desire to just have the Leafs win something. :P

Though at this point, after six Winter Classics, I think it would be too late to start something like that.

They could introduce a trophy next year and just and the ingraved plates for the previous winners?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

The glaring problem with some of these jerseys is the half-stripes on the arms. They remind me of the NFL knockoffs you would see at Walmart. At least the NFL has an excuse as to why their sleeve stripes do that with the sleeve cuts, no idea what here though.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

My eyes may be a bit stained from looking at the Ducks jersey for too long but does anyone else think that the OC patch looks a little like a duck's head (with the C as the beak)?

If you focus away from it yes it does actually. Wonder if there was any intention?

untitled-6.jpg

One thing about the Ducks jersey - I prefer the look of the elongated numbers on the Stadium Series jersey compared to their current regular numbers.

Yeah, the Ducks numbers were better on the CCM version of the jerseys. The numbers were huge, but I liked them that way.

Once they switched to the EDGE, the numbers got shrunk down. Now they feel much more squat to me than before. The long numbers do work on them, IMO.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Hey, there is something about the Stadium Series jerseys that I'm not sure about. Anyway, I'm really curious about the fact that the Stadium Series jerseys are using sublimated crests. I was wondering, are the Stadium Series logos on the jerseys for the Stadium Series games made the same way as the logo on the 2010 Team Canada Olympic Jerseys?

Chris Botta reports multiple teams have been given permission by the NHL to wear their Stadium Series jerseys for more than just their outdoor games. Gotta be the Ducks and Isles, right?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Chris Botta reports multiple teams have been given permission by the NHL to wear their Stadium Series jerseys for more than just their outdoor games. Gotta be the Ducks and Isles, right?

botta just confirmed on twitter isles are one of the teams, which is logical and very welcomed as an isles fan who likes them and despises the current third.

sig2024.png

Somehow I don't see the Ducks doing it. Frankly I'd rather they have another throwback night, but I don't see them doing that either.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived