NHL Stadium Series Jerseys

Anubis2051

Yeah, definitely. I'd like it if the Kings could let go of their numbers, though. They feel like such an unnecessary holdover from the days of Ian Laperriere.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny: I hate the Nets in black and white, but don't mind the Kings in black and white with hints of silver. Something about it suits their current identity as a very simple, no-nonsense kind of team. That and a third color is always nice. Even the dark uniforms are nice in their utilitarian simplicity, except that the numbers and NOBs are too fancy.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Kings' numbers are fine since they fixed that absurd top serif on the "1". The name font, though, is atrocious, and there;s probably no more egregious example of it than a Kopitar jersey. You take a good look at it and, good Lord, everything about it blows.

The other problem with the Kings' current look (besides the pencil point) is that they use sparkle silver twill as an outline right against the white, and it gets lost, making the numbers look like overly-thick blobs on TV. Change to a flat gray like they used in the Gretzky years and/or make the numbers 3-layer with black in the middle, and it will look heaps better. The flat gray base on tonight's Stadium Series jerseys gives a very nice contrast with the black and white elements.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

2003 (Edmonton)...

bHbTHNJ.jpg

2014 (Los Angeles)...

mXevjbd.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

2014 (Los Angeles)...

mXevjbd.jpg

Puck me, that's hilarious

Actually, it's not whatsoever. But as far as the jerseys go, watching the game on tv, I can't read the Ducks numbers except when they are up close. So if the tv camera can't see the numbers, I wonder how the people in the stands can see them.

2014 (Los Angeles)...

mXevjbd.jpg

Puck me, that's hilarious

Actually, it's not whatsoever. But as far as the jerseys go, watching the game on tv, I can't read the Ducks numbers except when they are up close. So if the tv camera can't see the numbers, I wonder how the people in the stands can see them.

I'm not having that problem with the Ducks' numbers. They're pretty easy to read from the normal camera angle.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I actually went to the game. Took some photos: http://t.co/x0VjZ2kFo3

For the most part, the view was great even though I was all the way up in the top deck. Yeah, the numbers were hard to see (obviously) but the contrast in color uniforms was really good and it was still easy to see the puck even though I was far away. Aesthetically, it wasn't bad at all. But that's probably because I didn't have the luxury or watching it at home in HD.

And they were selling these. Had them in Dodgers and Angels

Be4Ng0eCMAAbKTq.jpg

Go A's!

Man I'm falling in love with those Ducks jerseys.

The Ducks looked so cool wearing those last night. They are far superior to their bland homes. I really wish they would go to those full time. Of course it needs a bit of work like shoulder yokes, the removal of the "OC" and reduced logo and number size, but other than that. I thought they were awesome.

The Catch of the Day!

For the most part, the view was great even though I was all the way up in the top deck. Yeah, the numbers were hard to see (obviously) but the contrast in color uniforms was really good and it was still easy to see the puck even though I was far away. Aesthetically, it wasn't bad at all. But that's probably because I didn't have the luxury or watching it at home in HD.

Be4Ng0eCMAAbKTq.jpg

so stupid...all about money any way they can get it.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

Arm stripes that wrap all the way around, hem stripes, and a de-chrome'd logo would make the Ducks' Stadium Series sweater good enough to wear full time.

That's my primary gripe with them. it looks like an unfinished concept that someone started but never completed.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Arm stripes that wrap all the way around, hem stripes, and a de-chrome'd logo would make the Ducks' Stadium Series sweater good enough to wear full time.

So in other words, a whole new jersey? lol

Nah, just a completed version of the same jersey :D

Be4Ng0eCMAAbKTq.jpg

Nice pics of the event. That Kings sweater, despite the jersey foul, is a beaut. I didn't realize their numbers were sparkly silver. That serif'd 1 is still ugly though.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Archived