The Boston Red Sox caps/helmets

wdm1219inpenna

Due to my work schedule, 6am til 2pm, I'm usually asleep by 8pm. As a result, I got to see little of the World Series. I fell asleep exceptionally early however last night, and woke at 11:30. I was able to watch the last inning of the clincher. The Boston manager had on a acket that was red with the navy "B" which resembled the Red Sox's caps and helmets from 1975-1978. Am I alone in wishing Boston would have the red caps again? Even if only for the home games?

Definitely not. The Sox are a pretty traditional team with pretty traditional uniforms. To me the red caps just scream "1970s pullovers", a look that Boston, moreso than pretty much anyone who did it, should have avoided.

Maybe the Red Sox could bring back the red cap with navy bill as a BP cap. So at least they utilize their 70's style cap.

Great idea

And they could even wear them once for a home game, or at least spring with the home whites to give me my fix

Would look way better than when they wore those stupid red-billed BP caps in a game (two games?) this season.

I also love the red late-70s cap. I still can't believe they didn't do a 1975 throwback as part of Fenway's 100th. I think a BP cap in that stye could be cool, but I think it would rock (and add some color) as a full-time road cap. It may "scream 1970s pullover," but two of baseball's most thrilling games (Game 6, 1978 playoff) featured this cap.

I also love the red late-70s cap. I still can't believe they didn't do a 1975 throwback as part of Fenway's 100th. I think a BP cap in that stye could be cool, but I think it would rock (and add some color) as a full-time road cap. It may "scream 1970s pullover," but two of baseball's most thrilling games (Game 6, 1978 playoff) featured this cap.

I think those 1978 playoffs are the main reason they shy away from that cap today. I believe that was the last time they were worn, coincidentally or not. Which is a shame, because they would look nice back on the field in the right capacity.

When you think about the cap alone, it's not bad. However, I think the current navy caps with the red logo better complement all of the Red Sox's current uniforms. You could maybe make a case for the red cap with both alternates though, but overall I'd stick with the navy cap with this set.

Archived