Can't help but laughing at K-State losing to Northern Colorado on Friday.

kuloses.gif

Did Northern Colorado wear Jayhawks uniforms?

Seriously K-State would lose to five fat and drunk senior citizens if they were in KU jerseys.

So Rams80 got a look at the preview for this upcoming basketball season at his Summit League grad school, and the ravages of realignment have clearly taken their toll. The Summit League shrank by one school after the chain reaction of realignment brought on by Creighton thinking they were "East", and that left a couple of holes on the schedule that needed to be filled.

So we're playing 2 Division III schools and something called "Grace Bible College", Fun!

Last year we played something called the University of Mary. Nothing says it's the beginning of the college hoops season like tiny bible colleges you'll never hear from again.

Uh, U of Mary is actually a D-II school in North Dakota.

Tiby, Milwaukee rally to top Davidson 81-77

Great quality road win for my guys! Not too often that you'll see people in the Carolinas pissed about a Panthers win on a Monday night. :D

So Rams80 got a look at the preview for this upcoming basketball season at his Summit League grad school, and the ravages of realignment have clearly taken their toll. The Summit League shrank by one school after the chain reaction of realignment brought on by Creighton thinking they were "East", and that left a couple of holes on the schedule that needed to be filled.

So we're playing 2 Division III schools and something called "Grace Bible College", Fun!

Last year we played something called the University of Mary. Nothing says it's the beginning of the college hoops season like tiny bible colleges you'll never hear from again.

Did I say U of Mary wasn't in D2 or North Dakota?

Tonight is going to be a tough battle for the Wildcats, but if the 'Cats win this game, then the rest of college basketball better watch out as Big Blue Nation will be ready to roll the rest of the year.

Wow. Tech... w.wha won? Ok, maybe the season's not lost. Or maybe WVU sucks.

Tonight is going to be a tough battle for the Wildcats, but if the 'Cats win this game, then the rest of college basketball better watch out as Big Blue Nation will be ready to roll the rest of the year.

You're forgetting the game on December 28th and that game will deflate all hopes of UK's perfect season and elevate Louisville's title hopes. Don't ever forget about the defending National Champs and that tournament experience will be the x-factor against UK. UK is talented but Louisville will edge them by 2 or 3 points at Rupp.

MSU is dominating against UK!

You're forgetting the game on December 28th and that game will deflate all hopes of UK's perfect season and elevate Louisville's title hopes. Don't ever forget about the defending National Champs and that tournament experience will be the x-factor against UK. UK is talented but Louisville will edge them by 2 or 3 points at Rupp.

I'm more curious to see who's going to win this battle of obnoxious fandom between the two of you than any Louisville/Kentucky game.

I'm more curious to see who's going to win this battle of obnoxiousness fandom between the two of you than any Louisville/Kentucky game.

At least the conversation isn't about UNC and Duke for once. It's fun watching Sparty control these UK fools. Those freshman ain't :censored: yet. I'm really looking forward to Kansas and Duke tonight. It should shut up all the Duke fans, plus it's the start of a rivalry that will probably dominate the next 2 decades. VCU-UVA is fun to watch, but it's just a boring defensive slugfest, I swear neither team is going to get out of the 50's. UVA's slow-it-down offensive approach and stingy defense combined with the relentless "havoc" defense of VCU is fun to watch. I hope the Rams can pull it out.

Tiby, Milwaukee rally to top Davidson 81-77

Great quality road win for my guys! Not too often that you'll see people in the Carolinas pissed about a Panthers win on a Monday night. :D

Did I say U of Mary wasn't in D2 or North Dakota?

You didn't say that Mary wasn't in D2 or in North Dakota. I'll give you that one.

I'm more curious to see who's going to win this battle of obnoxious fandom between the two of you than any Louisville/Kentucky game.

Kentuckyville-jacked?

Ok, Ok, I'll go back to my corner.

On topic: I think App might only beat the 4 DII teams on our schedule. We're (and our schedule is) that bad. Ugh. This program is exactly what happens when you let one booster run men's basketball.

Shockingly, Illinois basketball whiffed on Cliff Alexander. Bill Self's ghost will forever haunt Assembly Hall.

Eh. Illinois didn't whiff. They got beat by a guy who was recruiting him longer, runs one of the all-time elite programs, and oh yeah, is pretty damn good and established. That result was hard to take, and Cliff's disrespectful fake out was a painful rub in. Groce will win one of these before long.

The worst one was having a 4-star PG verbal commit sign a LOI with another school—Quentin Snider with Louisville. Totally understandable that a kid from Louisville ultimately couldn't give up on his dream to play for Louisville...even if he did originally de-commit from Louisville months ago because Pitino had ignored him for years and recruited over him. But to do that last minute... I don't care for that. Pitino may not have initiated the contact, so I'm not sure how harshly to come down on him for it.

I don't like that college basketball recruiting is turning into college football recruiting, which brings out some of the worst qualities humans have to offer.

I also find myself disgusted at myself for being disgusted at the decisions (or lack thereof) of 17 and 18 year olds. It's just. Dumb?

I said this around the time they cut the legs out from under Bruce Weber. Illinois really needs to give up on the super elites in Chicago. When will they learn?

No reason for John Groce to do that. He's made big progress. He'll get one. It might be Charles Matthews next year.

No reason for John Groce to do that. He's made big progress. He'll get one. It might be Charles Matthews next year.

And he'll leave for the NBA the year after that. What's the point.

I don't like that college basketball recruiting is turning into college football recruiting, which brings out some of the worst qualities humans have to offer.

Eh, the early signing period will prevent it from totally becoming like college football. Regardless, in any sport, getting too excited about a commitment before signing day is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

I think Groce is doing better than people expected he would but I feel like the university gives coaches a 2 year window these days.