are the NIT and CIT games any different than all the non-BCS bowl games in the past have been? It's basically just an easy way to give teams a few more games; I really see nothing wrong with it.

I guess you're right, but I've been getting the feeling that even bowl week is overkill at this point as well. Plus, when you add all three tournaments up, it's still more than double the amount of teams involved than there are in the football bowl games, and they only play one game each.

There are almost 3 times as many Division I basketball teams as there are FBS teams. Proportion-wise far more teams play in the postseason in FBS than in Division I.

- 78 college teams will make it to a bowl game in 2015, there will be 127 teams = 61.4% make the playoffs

- 132 college basketball teams made it to a 2014 national postseason tournament, there were 315 teams = 41.9% made the playoffs

Your basketball numbers are off because:

1- There are 349 D-1 Men's teams.

2- You failed to add the 16 team, College Basketball Invitational, earlier mentioned a few posts above by 'Kaz" to make 148 teams in post-season tournaments

College Football 2015: 78/127 = 61.4%

College Basketball 2014-2015: 148/349 = 42.4%

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UConn is going to be a tough out when they're getting this kind of guard play out of Boatwright and Napier. Doesn't hurt that they're playing so close to home.

Edit: and if Daniels plays like this, they're going to be a very, very tough out.

IUe6Hvh.png

Well Michigan did their best to give away the game, but they pull it out by 2 in the end. To be fair, they did get shafted on the out of bounds call even after it went to an official review.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Good win by UConn but the defense was really lacking in the last ten minutes or so. I don't think they can beat Michigan State without Napier going full Kemba Walker, but I think they can beat Virginia.

IUe6Hvh.png

Is it just me or is the fact that UK and Louisville are playing each other in the tournament for 2 of the last 3 years baffles me? Anyway, this game could get ugly in a hurry if the 'Cats can't keep up with the Cards. :bonk:

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

What a great night of basketball! Four awesome games with the 'worst' of the bunch being a UConn/Iowa State game that came right down to the wire. I'm excited for the Elite Eight now with the two teams I cheer for still alive.

IUe6Hvh.png

if you're a UConn fan, then this apparent collision course re-match that Florida and UConn are on is going to cause some difficulties for you (hopefully?) in a week's time.

God, not another Regional Final crashing down tomorrow. It sucked the last three years and another one tomorrow would be the worst of them all by a mile.

spacer.png

if you're a UConn fan, then this apparent collision course re-match that Florida and UConn are on is going to cause some difficulties for you (hopefully?) in a week's time.

God, not another Regional Final crashing down tomorrow. It sucked the last three years and another one tomorrow would be the worst of them all by a mile.

I'll cheer for UConn if it comes down to it since I've cheered for them as long as I can remember (I was born in Connecticut, moved to Colorado at age 7) and the Florida fandom is very new. Plus, I have this worry that, having been skipped over for ACC membership and being kind of stuck in the AAC, UConn might eventually lose it's status as a basketball power and become completely irrelevant in the college sports landscape (women's basketball aside). I still vividly remember the '99 and '04 title runs, but I was deployed and didn't really get to enjoy the 2011 run aside from catching a couple of the tourney games and watching Kemba Walker cross up Pitt in MSG (also, I just watched that play again and it was more amazing than I remember. Defender had no prayer -- why the hell did Pitt switch and give up that mismatch in that situation? Baffling.), so them winning would be pretty big for me. The biggest thing would be that it's a good game. But that's getting ahead of myself.

There's such a contrast between cheering for the two teams. For UConn, I'm mostly just happy for them to still be alive -- if not for my fandom and my hoping that Shabazz would have a little Kemba in him (which he apparently has a lot of Kemba in him), I'd have picked St. Joes to beat them in the first round and probably Villanova to beat them next. For Florida, it's pretty much championship or bust.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived