What's one more vacated title at this point?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hate this Kentucky team.

:censored: Kentucky and Calipari! I hope Wisconsin gives them a whipping so bad that Adolph Rupp could feel it in his grave.

I have to think Adolph Rupp would be cheering for Wisconsin in this game.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I really hate this Kentucky team.

:censored: Kentucky and Calipari! I hope Wisconsin gives them a whipping so bad that Adolph Rupp could feel it in his grave.

I have to think Adolph Rupp would be cheering for Wisconsin in this game.

Kids, this what a good post looks like. ^

PvO6ZWJ.png

My Final Four Picks

Florida beats UConn

Wisconsin beats Kentucky

Champ Game

Florida beats Wisconsin

This is pretty much my pick. Kentucky/Wisconsin could go either way, but the bottom line is that I really think Florida is the best team. They lost two games while they were not fully healthy and/or had suspensions. Poetically, those two games were to the two teams they'd beat in the above scenario. The Wisconsin loss was a close game at the Kohl Center with at least 2 (and I wanna say 3) starters missing. Had that game been played at a neutral site with all players available, Florida would have won somewhat handily.

Of course, all teams in the Final Four are obviously playing well, and if any of these three teams beats Florida, well, we've seen bigger upsets. So anything can happen. Unlike the 2000 birth, I think Wisconsin has a chance at this title, but they have to play their absolute best (like they did against Baylor; not vs. Arizona).

Kentucky/Wisconsin should be interesting. Talent vs. experience/team game. Wisconsin obviously plays patiently and is well coached, enabling them to win with, at best, a couple of players with marginal NBA futures. Kentucky is obviously younger and a lot more talented. But they have played together much less than Wisconsin, which has three solid guards (1 senior, one redshirt junior, one junior). Wisconsin has played plenty of great games vs. "talent" by frustrating them with intense defense and great adjustments from one of the best coaches in the country. But they also have been defeated by "talent" as well (Steph Curry comes to mind). I like the Badgers in this one because I think they'll be the more disciplined team and, unlike years past, each of the 8 players they play is a threat to score.

And Wisconsin is better than they were when they played Florida in November. Frank Kaminsky has blossomed into one of the best Centers in the country and Freshman 6th Man Nigel Hayes has become a huge contributor off the bench. But I just don't see that making up for a now fully-stocked Florida team.

So my pick is Florida over Wisconsin, but I would not be shocked to see Kentucky or Wisconsin win it all. So that probably means UConn will win it all.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

Keep dreaming...Kentucky has made sure that nothing is fishing under Coach Cal.

Memphis said the same thing in the mid-2000s as did Massachusetts in the 1990s.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

and neither of those programs are elite like the University of Kentucky!

spacer.png

And neither of those teams cancelled a season due to point-shaving. (Memphis probably tried though).

That said, you are correct in being elite, concerning point shaving scandals like Boston College, and CCNY

Kentucky is certainly elite at falling within the NCAA's crosshairs, yes....

Today, we are all otaku.

:lol: Good one Rams! From Rupp to Hall and Calipari, Kentucky has truely a scandalous program.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

:lol: Good one Rams! From Rupp to Hall and Calipari, Kentucky has truely a scandalous program.

How was Hall scandalous? I believe you are talking about Sutton and if you want to talk about coaches, don't forgot the Benedict Arnold known as Pitino!

spacer.png

How was Hall scandalous? I believe you are talking about Sutton and if you want to talk about coaches, don't forgot the Benedict Arnold known as Pitino!

Joe B. was coach in 1976 when they got hit with two year probation and a scholarship loss.

And Raysfan12, nice of you to conveniently forget Samaki Walker and the two probations handed down from 1996 to 1998

Well my bracket's now destroyed. Hard to believe that all my Final Four teams were alive in the Sweet Sixteen and three of them remained in the Elite Eight. And now, pfft...

(borrowing McCarthy's language from the NHL boards)

Why do a$$hole teams like UConn and Kentucky half-ass their regular season then have to spoil everyone's March away?

Eh, for me, it's more of Connecticut being underseeded than anything.

They lost 8 games. Houston's their only bad loss while their other two non-tournament losses this year are SMU who, well, was the first team out.

They have a fair number of good wins too. Of course Florida but also Harvard, Cincinnati twice, and Memphis twice.

Point is, when the selection committee gave the AAC the seeds they did, there was a pretty good chance of one of them being a "surprise" team to make a run. Issue was, it wasn't Louisville.

6fQjS3M.png

Your "not Jim Nantz" TV announcers for Saturday.

From the story:

For the first game between Connecticut and Florida at 6:09 p.m. ET, fans of UConn can watch truTV while Florida fanatics can turn to TNT to watch their feed.

The announcers for the early game will be as follows:

UCONN on truTV

Play-by-play: Eric Frede, the TV voice of the UConn women’s team on New York’s SNY. He also serves as a co-anchor on Comcast SportsNet New England’s nightly news programs. Frede has previously worked for NESN as a sideline reporter for Boston Red Sox games.

Analyst: Frede’s partner will be former UConn Husky Donnie Marshall. He’s currently working for YES on Brooklyn Nets games.

Reporter: Swin Cash, who was on several UConn women’s championship teams will serve as the courtside reporter.

FLORIDA on TNT

Play-by-play: David Steele is currently the voice of the Orlando Magic, but he has hosted Florida’s basketball and football games on both TV and radio.

Analyst: Mark Wise has been an analyst for the Gators Basketball Network.

Reporter: James Bates, a former Florida football player, has most recently worked an analyst for CBS Sports Network.

The second game between Kentucky vs. Wisconsin at 8:49 p.m. will be split as follows:

KENTUCKY on TNT

Play-by-play: Rob Bromley has been a long-time sports anchor in the Bluegrass State and has called Wildcat games on Kentucky’s UKTV for 30 years.

Analyst: Former Kentucky and NBA player Rex Chapman will serve as Bromley’s partner.

Reporter: SEC TV and Kentucky TV play-by-play man Dave Baker will be the courtside reporter.

WISCONSIN on truTV

Play-by-play: Green Bay Packers radio voice Wayne Larrivee has called basketball games on Big Ten Network and the NCAA Tournament on WestwoodOne Radio.

Analyst: Former Wisconsin Badger Mike Kelley was on the last UW team to reach the Final Four in 2000.

Welp, didn't see this coming. Florida looked like they would run away in the first 12 minutes but UConn has dominated the game since. Florida's defense, so strong all year, has been awful tonight.

IUe6Hvh.png

As a Wisconsin fan...this just got interesting. I was convinced Florida was going to win it.

Go Red!

POTD (Shared)

Archived