Good uniform matchups that DO NOT feature Original 6 teams

habsfan1

I love Original 6 matchups as much as the next guy. But what needs to be realized is that they aren't the only great looks to ever hit the ice. Those are the looks that never seem to get the credit they deserve, and become underrated and overshadowed by O-6 unis. But this thread will help change that. You can post current pictures of games, or past games from any era. Good uniform matchup pictures where both teams look good, of course.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

184177227_slide.jpg

This matchup really surprised me. It looks brilliant. Light colors, dark colors, vibrancy, basic non-cartoonish logos that a kid could draw on a notebook...and they're both brand new looks! This makes me think the future of the hockey jersey might not be so bleak. Great post.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

108852679_slide.jpg

You really like those Dallas Stars uniforms? Remember, the thread is for good uni matchups (where both teams look good).

i really liked them, personally. they weren't the best thing the team has ever worn, but they are miles ahead of the home sweater. i still maintain that if the dallas stars had simply made a dark green version of that sweater as the home, they'd still be wearing it today, because the fan wouldn't have flipped their proverbial s*** over the lack of green in the homes.

both white sets were nice, imo. not half as good as what the team wears now, but still... i'd love to have a white jagr sweater in my collection some day.

Devils/Wild in New Jersey is going to look really good. Too bad we have to wait until March to see it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived