Sign in to follow this  
habsfan1

Good uniform matchups that DO NOT feature Original 6 teams

dec0110_003nazzy11_b_slide.jpg

Someone's gonna laugh at this picture, but I loved these two sweaters, and they look even more awesome side by side.

Someone's gonna laugh at this picture, but I loved these two sweaters, and they look even more awesome side by side.

Really liked the silver stripe in the old navy orca Canucks sweaters, especially the dark uniforms.

Hunter green + Yotes = <3

I must agree, the Vancouver Cavalanche jerseys where awesome. As for the Coyotes, is there a word better than awesome that doesnt sound flamboyant? whatever it is, thats what those Alternates are. Didnt work with the league, but I loved them

Another one that involving those Cavalanche uniforms, this time the dark one:

55766074-dustin-penner-of-the-mighty-duc

I liked the reverse of this more, but can't find a pic to save my life of that mtchup. But this does look almost as good. I wish the 'Nucks would use silver again.

Really liked the silver stripe in the old navy orca Canucks sweaters, especially the dark uniforms.

It's a more iconic look for Vancouver IMUO. They may have had blue and green for so long, but it was a great and unique colour scheme they had going on before Reebok came and templated half the league.

IMO, that was the worst color scheme the team ever had. It was so dark and drab kind of like the navy and copper of Edmonton.

I didn't like Hartford but I loved their colors and I miss them now.

DL_stoll_marleau_kings_sharks.jpg

sharks_kings_106900698.jpg?w=4205628048018_ecc07a3410.jpg

The top image. Absolutely.

The bottom images, not so much.

Don't get me wrong. I like the Sharks "black armor" alternates just fine, but I just feel that they shouldn't wear them when they host either of the SoCal rivals at SAP Center. Partly because those two teams' identites are so black heavy to begin with, but when I see arch rivals play, I prefer to see default uniforms and not alternates or "special event" jerseys. That bothers me about the Rangers wearing their fauxback alts vs O6 teams.

Regarding the Sharks, the one exception in which I actually dont mind the black armors against a division rival is against Vancouver. Perhaps its because the Canucks blue and green blends up against the Sharks teal (after all teal, is really a transition color between blue and green).

This series was great.

Stastny-leads-Avs-to-5-4-OT-win-over-Wil

wildhomejerseysgame4web.jpg

When the Avs fix their jerseys it will be even better.

This series was great.

Stastny-leads-Avs-to-5-4-OT-win-over-Wil

wildhomejerseysgame4web.jpg

When the Avs fix their jerseys it will be even better.

I think this looked better: a_brunette_i.jpg