Good uniform matchups that DO NOT feature Original 6 teams

habsfan1

the texas logo is nice but drives me insane...

at least the original texas logo had the D over dallas, roughly. this new one just seems so out of whack, and makes it look like dallas is somewhere in the southwestern portion of the state.

Stars%20Logo.gifdallas_stars_logo_on_texas.gif

map.GIF

regardless, that's a nitpick, i admit. i love everything about the uniforms. even the one-color numbers.

the texas looks fantastic on the pants, and i'm glad it's there, because it really brings a sense of familiarity and continuity for this long-time stars fan.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see the Texas logo moving to the shoulders at some point, and maybe the addition of some name/number outlines. Other then that though? I think this look has some real longevity to it.

The team already said they tried it on the shoulders, but it didn't look good. So they stuck in on the pants instead.

And I just don't get that excuse. It's not hard to imagine, and I'm not seeing a problem.

And me, I really don't get the fuss about this whole ordeal at all. At least the Texas logo is being used somewhere on the jersey. And at least it's somewhere it can be seen.

Really it comes down to it being better then the over-played roundel theme they went with instead.

It's not that I think the Oiler's blue and orange combo is bad, I just prefer the navy and copper. In fact I much prefer it. Lots of teams did go the 'darken' route, which didn't work, especially for the Islanders and a couple of others, but it worked for the Oilers. That colour scheme could ne made to work in so many ways. It is a beautiful colour scheme.

The point of the Oiler's keeping the same identity they had when they won all those cups back in the 80's is a valid one. However like I've said, if there is a new colour combo which is equally as nice and you can make your own, I'd have no problem with that.

The current home jersey, yeah....way too loud. It's kind of hard watching Oilers home games; its just too much.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

With all the praise the Stars have been getting about the new uniforms and with most of the haters already changing their minds, I wonder how long this look is going to stick for the club. Gagliardi says he wanted to change logos and uniforms the right way and then never do it again. Does anyone think this look will still be around in 20 or 30 years?

As much as I love the Stars new look, it just doesn't feel right without gold... The silver looks good but that doesn't mean they should have ditched the colour they've used their entire history. They could have easily used the light metallic silver from the logos of the inaugural set and still retained that nice bevel effect.

i'll be honest... i don't find myself missing the gold at all. it looks fine without it. still looks like the stars.

i wouldn't be upset if gold came back, but i know everyone that's ever tried to change the silver bevel to a gold bevel has made the logo look absolutely disgusting to me.

I think the Stars look absolutely fine. I like everything about their new look. Theres about 20 other teams that have more issues (be it minor or major) with the jerseys/logo than the Stars do IMO.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

absolutely gorgeous game:

1294886972.jpg

always preferred the Nords home whites to the road blues myself. The color balance was better. Not to mention Florida's best look was their road reds.

Hard match-up to find a pic of, this was the best I could do. (match-up was only possible for '93-'95)

72502835_display_image.jpg?1313838275

always preferred the Nords home whites to the road blues myself. The color balance was better. Not to mention Florida's best look was their road reds.

Hard match-up to find a pic of, this was the best I could do. (match-up was only possible for '93-'95)

72502835_display_image.jpg?1313838275

I need to watch some vintage hockey games. I'll try to look this one up.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived