Good uniform matchups that DO NOT feature Original 6 teams

habsfan1

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We'll have to change the name of the thread to "teams that look great playing the Dallas Stars" :P. I think this matchup was fantastic.

b9q5.png

... except Detroit is an original six team. Everyone already generally agrees that the Original 6 look good, which is why the thread excludes them.

U14IUtw.jpg

IB9HvKe.jpg

the inverse of this game is being played at the american airlines center as i type this message. it's even nicer looking than this, in my opinion.

stars/isles is a really gorgeous match-up again for the first time since the 1981 finals.

trotts-1981-finals-1.jpg

MARLEAU_03_slide.jpg

Best the All Star Game has ever looked

no that reminds me of a Minnesota Wild promotional game that would be held during intermission.

I'm generally not a fan of this striping pattern but this completely worked for the game. and I think it's the best the AllStar game has looked. I will give that the 94/96/97 games did have a set I liked and the NA/World 98/99 sets were pretty good. 2000 onward have been horrible.

1989-931.jpg

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Now the thread is over!

I love the contrast between these two uniforms, but both get docked points for insisting on using roundels in an alternate logo capacity.

I like the roundels on both jerseys separately but even more when they are facing each other :).

MARLEAU_03_slide.jpg

Best the All Star Game has ever looked

no that reminds me of a Minnesota Wild promotional game that would be held during intermission.

I'm generally not a fan of this striping pattern but this completely worked for the game. and I think it's the best the AllStar game has looked. I will give that the 94/96/97 games did have a set I liked and the NA/World 98/99 sets were pretty good. 2000 onward have been horrible.

1989-931.jpg

Now it looks that way, but back then, Minnesota was wearing the jerseys with the shoulder stripes. Maybe it should have been blue instead of green, but it reflected the host city well and looked so beautifully vintage.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I'm adding this to this thread:

464693799_slide.jpg

So what teams HAVEN'T been in this thread (other than the Original Six)? Who are the, by process of elimination, the "ugly" teams?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived