Sign in to follow this  
habsfan1

Good uniform matchups that DO NOT feature Original 6 teams

MARLEAU_03_slide.jpg

Best the All Star Game has ever looked

no that reminds me of a Minnesota Wild promotional game that would be held during intermission.

I'm generally not a fan of this striping pattern but this completely worked for the game. and I think it's the best the AllStar game has looked. I will give that the 94/96/97 games did have a set I liked and the NA/World 98/99 sets were pretty good. 2000 onward have been horrible.

1989-931.jpg

Now it looks that way, but back then, Minnesota was wearing the jerseys with the shoulder stripes. Maybe it should have been blue instead of green, but it reflected the host city well and looked so beautifully vintage.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I'm adding this to this thread:

464693799_slide.jpg

So what teams HAVEN'T been in this thread (other than the Original Six)? Who are the, by process of elimination, the "ugly" teams?

Pittsburgh? Ottawa?

940x.jpg

Jeff%2BHalpern%2BTampa%2BBay%2BLightning

Do teams copying Original 6 teams count?

I was glancing over the pictures, because I hardly read the text, and I swear I thought I was looking at a Maple Leafs/Coyotes game. Then I had to look twice to finally see I was looking at a Lightning/leafs game

So what teams HAVEN'T been in this thread (other than the Original Six)? Who are the, by process of elimination, the "ugly" teams?

Pittsburgh? Ottawa?

I think Ottawa's been in the thread, and they can have some pretty good matchups with their alternate.

185358968_slide.jpg

And in the early 90's the Sens-Pens games looked pretty sweet as well.

Beautiful:

P2GObDs.jpg

However, not so much:

eiRoT0M.jpg

However, not so much:

eiRoT0M.jpg

Haha wow that is crazy but I can deal with it since they only play each other twice.

Now the thread is over!

eo1b.jpg

iepi.jpg

st45.jpg

As the season has gone on I've come to the realization that this is the best the Wild have ever looked, uses the great primary logo with a heavy dose of green and just the right amount of red.

They do look nice. Now if only the road would match ;)

^Back when LA had good jerseys. And the Sharks original RBK jerseys were their best also.

A reason for it might be that my brother used to have a cap with this logo, but this Kings identity is too kitchen sink 90s for me.

DL_stoll_marleau_kings_sharks.jpg

sharks_kings_106900698.jpg?w=4205628048018_ecc07a3410.jpgimg_1168.jpg

Seriously! Good call. I was just scrolling through casually, and the purple really jumps out at you. Shame it's not used at all in the NHL.

honestly, the kings should be the nhl's purple team. but since they're totally okay with abandoning it for the gretzky era black and silver, then the ducks need to claim purple as theirs.

eggplant is a much more pleasing shade of purple than the blueish purple the kings used anyway, imo.

The Kings really should use it in some capacity, even if it's just subtle trim on their currents. And the crown needs to be the primary logo.