Gary

2014 MLB Offseason

Walt Jocketty continues having trouble letting go of his St. Louis days by bringing in another former Cardinal, this time signing Skip Schumaker to a 2-year deal.

The Giants are getting close to signing Tim Hudson for 2 years and $23M...

Is Mark Mulder available for the Giants now that they getting former stalwart Oakland pitchers. :P

Walt Jocketty continues having trouble letting go of his St. Louis days by bringing in another former Cardinal, this time signing Skip Schumaker to a 2-year deal.

Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky used to the same thing, by bringing in former Twins. The Reds bench is bleak, so this should help.

The WWE (Per Vince's Twitter) is sending one of these (obviously bottom) out to each Cy Young Winner

BZEP2d5IYAAGjBy.png

How can A-Rod talk to Sports Pope when both of them are only capable of talking about themselves?

"Waitasecond waitasecond waitasecond. Okay? Okay? Now who aw you again?"

"I'm telling you, I am an innocent man!"

*hangs up*

"Okay. This guy wants to cawl up heah and say he's innocent, that's fine. Whateva. That's...uh...that's what people wanna do with their time these days, I guess. Cawl my show and...ah...just tawk about how innocent dey aw. That's what people do. Okay. I mean...ah...I...Iwouldn'tdothat, that's all I'm sayin'. If the mawning show put ya up to it, just, ah...just say the mawning show put ya up to it. Okay? It's just, ah...I would find a bettah use of my time. Find a bettah use of my time. Yeah. But...ah......that's just where we aw. As a suh-soy-ity. Aw a nation, I guess. Okay? Okay? Joe in Cold Spring Hawbah, what's up, let's go."

The pope absolved Arod so anyone disagreeing will be hung up on.

What's this I'm reading? Tigers trading Fielder to the Rangers for Kinsler?

Yup its true, this came out of nowhere...

Hopefully this means the Tigers can resign Scherzer.

Woah! That's a big surprise, but it's understandable. The Rangers desperately needed to move either Kinsler or Profar before the season, and Detroit needed to shed some money in order to extend Sherzer. It definitely seems like a bit of a steal for the Rangers, but if the Tigers got Texas to grab enough of Fielder's contract, it actually seems like a pretty smart move.

Still though, I did NOT see that coming.

I am so glad to see the Tigers free themselves from this contract!

I have absolutely no idea what the hell the Rangers are doing here.

Without any details on how much money Detroit is eating here, my initial thought process tells me that the Tigers made out like bandits here. Rid the roster of an extremely overpaid, declining first baseman who presents nothing more than a roster log-jam at this point? Seems smart to me.

I have absolutely no idea what the hell the Rangers are doing here.

Without any details on how much money Detroit is eating here, my initial thought process tells me that the Tigers made out like bandits here. Rid the roster of an extremely overpaid, declining first baseman who presents nothing more than a roster log-jam at this point? Seems smart to me.

I actually see this as a great move for both teams. Prince Fielder signing in Detroit never made much sense to me from the Tigers perspective because it front loaded that lineup so much, and Texas really had to deal either Kinsler or Profar. This way Texas clears up the logjam they had at second, and they actually get a better power bat in return. They can also now turn around and deal Mitch Moreland for more bullpen help (or whatever else Texas needs). As of now (this could change when we see how much of that huge contract Texas took on) I see this as a win-win for both sides if for nothing more than balancing both of those lineups better.

Out of nowhere indeed. I understand it though. The Rangers needed a 1st baseman, and the Tigers needed money to extend Scherzer.

In other, less exciting news, the Padres have signed Josh Johnson to a 1 year deal.