Ranking NFL Helmets only

ScubaSteve

I like the tiers idea.

The Best:

Dallas, Cincinnati, Los Angeles-St. Louis, Washington, San Francisco, Green Bay, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Oakland, Chicago, Cleveland

The Good:

NY Giants, Pittsburgh, San Diego, Kansas City, Minnesota, Indianapolis, Philadelphia, New England

The Not-Good-But-Not-Bad:

Buffalo, Tennessee, Seattle, Arizona, Houston, Baltimore, Denver

The Bad:

Atlanta, Carolina, Miami, Detroit, NY Jets

The Horrendously-Hidious:

Jacksonville

I don't get what's so bad about Detroit? They're a blue facemask away from a great looking helmet.

I can't stand their helmet stripe. To me, is disproportionate to the rest of the uniform. It's way too thin. Had they made it similar to how the Bills and Oilers used to have it, then to me, it'd be one of the best looks. As it currently looks, it's not.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the tiers idea.

The Best:

Dallas, Cincinnati, Los Angeles-St. Louis, Washington, San Francisco, Green Bay, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Oakland, Chicago, Cleveland

The Good:

NY Giants, Pittsburgh, San Diego, Kansas City, Minnesota, Indianapolis, Philadelphia, New England

The Bad:

Jacksonville

I don't get what's so bad about Detroit? They're a blue facemask away from a great looking helmet.

Eh, I think that's overstating it. Great? What's the deal with that shrunken stripe? What a weird decision... it always makes me think of those toy football uniforms Hutch made back in the 70's.

I do like the updated Bubbles, but personally, I'd drop the black all-together... talk about unnecessary additions.

That tiny stripe has bothered from the first time I saw it and your description is exactly why. It also looks like the stripe on the helmets in The Program, which always bothered me as well.

program.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

I like the tiers idea.

The Best:

The Good:

The Bad:

Jacksonville

Eh, I think that's overstating it. Great? What's the deal with that shrunken stripe? What a weird decision... it always makes me think of those toy football uniforms Hutch made back in the 70's.

I do like the updated Bubbles, but personally, I'd drop the black all-together... talk about unnecessary additions.

That tiny stripe has bothered from the first time I saw it and your description is exactly why. It also looks like the stripe on the helmets in The Program, which always bothered me as well.

program.jpg

Why is it any different than teams like the Steelers, Raiders, Giants, or Colts who have a single thin stripe down their helmet? Because it's multiple colors? At least with the Lions it matches the other striping on the uniform.

I like the tiers idea.

The Best:

The Good:

The Bad:

Jacksonville

program.jpg

Why is it any different than teams like the Steelers, Raiders, Giants, or Colts who have a single thin stripe down their helmet? Because it's multiple colors? At least with the Lions it matches the other striping on the uniform.

yes

1. Colts

2. Dolphins

3. Jaguars

4. Rams

5. Lions

6. Bengals

7. Bills

8. Seahawks

9. Ravens

10. Vikings

11. Eagles

12. Cardinals

13. Steelers

14. Saints

15. Panthers

16. Cowboys

17. Falcons

18. Raiders

19. Broncos

20. Titans

21. Chargers

22. Texans

23. Patriots

24. Buccaneers

25. Jets

26. Redskins

27. Bears

28. Chiefs

29. 49ers

30. Packers

31. Giants

32. Browns

I'm not a Jags fan but, the helmet is really sleek and dynamic.

1. Colts

2. Dolphins

3. Jaguars

4. Rams

5. Lions

6. Bengals

7. Bills

8. Seahawks

9. Ravens

10. Vikings

11. Eagles

12. Cardinals

13. Steelers

14. Saints

15. Panthers

16. Cowboys

17. Falcons

18. Raiders

19. Broncos

20. Titans

21. Chargers

22. Texans

23. Patriots

24. Buccaneers

25. Jets

26. Redskins

27. Bears

28. Chiefs

29. 49ers

30. Packers

31. Giants

32. Browns

i think you did that backwards ;)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

1. Colts

2. Dolphins

3. Jaguars

4. Rams

5. Lions

6. Bengals

7. Bills

8. Seahawks

9. Ravens

10. Vikings

11. Eagles

12. Cardinals

13. Steelers

14. Saints

15. Panthers

16. Cowboys

17. Falcons

18. Raiders

19. Broncos

20. Titans

21. Chargers

22. Texans

23. Patriots

24. Buccaneers

25. Jets

26. Redskins

27. Bears

28. Chiefs

29. 49ers

30. Packers

31. Giants

32. Browns

So you're the guy! That must be one lonely island.

1. Colts

2. Dolphins

3. Jaguars

4. Rams

5. Lions

6. Bengals

7. Bills

8. Seahawks

9. Ravens

10. Vikings

11. Eagles

12. Cardinals

13. Steelers

14. Saints

15. Panthers

16. Cowboys

17. Falcons

18. Raiders

19. Broncos

20. Titans

21. Chargers

22. Texans

23. Patriots

24. Buccaneers

25. Jets

26. Redskins

27. Bears

28. Chiefs

29. 49ers

30. Packers

31. Giants

32. Browns

hqdefault.jpg

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

Just my opinion.

1. Saints - always been my favorite; love the colors, the proportions, everything about it.
2. Bengals - most unique helmet
3. Rams - not as good as the old yellow horns, but still near the top for execution
4. Buccaneers - unique color, outstanding logo; I prefer stripe(s) on the helmet, but they don't need one.
5. 49ers - great colors, love the interlocking "SF"
6. Eagles - like the execution; miss the old green
7. Vikings - would have been higher a year ago; love the execution, hate the matte with the glossy decals
8. Packers - unique color, timeless look
9. Cowboys - iconic helmet; simple, but well executed
10. Redskins - unique color, like the fact that the side decals are like a logo within a logo
11. Colts - simple, easily recognizable
12. Chargers - like the idea, but have never really liked the execution.
13. Titans - nice logo, hate the helmet stripe to nowhere
14. Raiders - logo to intricate to read easily; black stripe always looked like electrical tape to me
15. Chiefs - cool logo; love the interlocking "KC"; black is out of place with the rest of the uniform
16. Jets - kind of boring; not much else to say
17. Bears - boring helmet, but fit well with some of the best uniforms in the NFL
18. Giants - okay helmet, not very exciting
19. Broncos - nice logo, hate the center three triangle stripes
20. Patriots - great team, amateur logo
21. Texans - logo is too big, doesn't stand out from rest of helmet
22. Lions - logo looks like a blue blob unless you look very close
23. Ravens - dark logo, dark helmet, dark stripe; black and dark colors (purple, navy, brown) don't look good together
24. Cardinals - decent logo, boring helmet
25. Bills - logos are too big, stripes are too big; white is an upgrade over red
26. Dolphins - execution is a mess; logos look to be applied at different angles on different players; weird center stripe
27. Panthers - DIII college-like logo, looks like a black blob from a distance, pointless half center stripe

28. Falcons - never liked this logo, doesn't stand out enough from rest of helmet
29. Seahawks - the "mullet" of NFL helmets; business on the sides, clown party when viewed from the front or back
30. Steelers - half credit for only having a logo on one side; 50% is an "F" in most academic settings
31. Browns - sad when the center stripe is the most interesting thing about your helmet.
32. Jaguars - bahahahahahahahahaha...arena leagues and the XFL wouldn't even approve of this disaster

Definition of Sleek: Smooth and lustrous as if polished; glossy

The Jaguars helmet is many things. "Sleek" is not one of them. The original black helmets were sleek. These are anti sleek. In fact, nothing that has a matte finish can be sleek by definition.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived