Yakball is back: A few of my concepts

Jake88

Now for the moment you have all waited for!

Yakball_Oulu_Jersey_Concept.pngYakball_Oulu_Logo_Sheet.pngWell this would be my contribution to Raysox's yakball thead. On his map it says that he planned for a team in Oulu, Finland. Since I am a fan of the city's hockey team, Karpat, I decided to make a yakball team with the same colors, although since the city logo logo uses similar colors, I had other inspearations. The jerseys are based on the St. Louis Blues pants striping, so naturally I made the manufacturer Reebok.

Any Suggestions are helpful, also if you want me to design a college team for you I will be up to it, so ask away!

Jake88%2BSignture.png

On the World Cup of yakball thread, I did a top 40 ranking thing. There's a lot of teams you can do if you want.

I'm focusing on the NCAA right now.

Speaking of which...

Yakball+Seahawks+Jersey+Concept.png

Check out the unique nameplate! Yeah I care that much about the nameplate... Anyway I went classy for Wagner, while being new and different. Hope you like (JoHyphenE).

Jake88%2BSignture.png

• 2 weeks later...

I think the lion for Macedonia would be controversial. That is an ancient symbol for the area, but it has not been adopted officially for the modern country (a Communist-style scene is still used instead), and, while there is some support to adopt the lion, there are ethnic and political concerns with that.

While what you say isn't incorrect totally, I must say the following as I am the aforementioned

guy that has a Macedonian heritage and is very knowledgeable of their culture and he never pointed that out.

For the record, many political organizations and most if not all of the national sports teams have some sort of lion nickname and continue to use them regularly. I have also experienced that first hand on many occasions. VMRO-DPMNE is one of the two major political parties and uses the yellow lion as it's symbol. The men's and women's national soccer teams are nicknamed the red lions and the national men's ice hockey team logo features a lion inside a multi-color roundel with crossed sticks.

TrophyChronology.png

"If it's too tough for them, it's just right for us!"

​"Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?!"

-Marv Levy

Archived