My NFL: Simple, Sleek, Brand Cohesion (Updating with additional views)

thespungo

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say that this is some of the best uniform presentation I've ever seen. I also like the fact that you spend some time on designing the uniforms to match the brands of the teams. Overall, this has got to be my favorite NFL rebrand thread in years. Here's some of my favorites:

1. Carolina Panthers: This entire set is perfect in so many ways. First, the collarbone stripes on the jersey are a stroke of genius and really make the set pop. Secondly, The giant logo and number combo on the helmet works great and gives them a unique look. Finally, the all-black combo is simply the best uniform in the entire rebrand. :wub:
  2. Cincinnati Bengals: This has to be easily the best Bengals uniform re-do ever. I love the fact you emphasize orange instead of black and the tiger stripes in the shoulder is excellent.
  3. Jacksonville Jaguars: Simply put, this is light years ahead of the set they're currently using. The use of teal is outstanding and I'm glad that you brought back the helmets they used last year instead of the atrocities from this year. Also, the jaguar spots on the shoulders and pants is very ingenious and creative and the "Jungle Night" uniforms are fabulous.
  4. New England Patriots: The use of silver is just excellent and breaks them from the current RWB combo of the Buffalo Bills. Plus the striping on the shoulders and pants is well-thought of.
  5. New Orleans Saints: I love the custom number font on the uniforms and bringing back the gold jersey is a smart move when combined with black pants.

Overall: Nearly every set that you did is excellent and continue the great work. (**)(**)(**)(**)(**)

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Pjw3lWZ.jpg

kaiezld.jpg

M2mGcML.jpg

Tennessee Titans

- A surprisingly consistent and modern look remains virtually untouched.

- The contrasting belt loops and thick helmet stripe are meant to be derivative of the heavy shoulder stripe.

- Three pairs of pants and jerseys could be interchanged for a very pleasing look in any combination.

New looks for the Titans.

There's a consistent theme throughout many uniforms which is featuring patterns more prominently on the socks, which I definitely agree with. Some of the patterns are a bit too modern for my liking (Bills, Redskins, Bucs, Ravens, Texans, Denver), but overall very good. Really like the Panthers, Cowboys, Pats, Giants, Raiders black hole, Eagles (which looks very Oregon).

LAKERS | BRONCOS | GOLDEN BEARS | PAC-12 FOOTBALL

eGdl71t.jpg

MV1mEZV.jpg

33ClikD.jpg

San Diego Chargers

- Superfluous outlines are removed for a clean and modern take on their classic look, while the bolts are moved back to their long time position on the shoulders.

- Continuing the trend of teams in warmer climates, all-white becomes the regular home look.

- White matte helmet accentuated with a glossy, reflective lightning bolt which really pops under the stadium lights.

- Classic gold pants make their return as an alternate look, pairing nicely with either the white or navy jersey.

- The numbers feel energized, as the gradient shifts when exposed to different lighting conditions.

- Golden shoes add to the electric aesthetic, which is enhanced with bright flashes when the players are in motion.

New looks for the Chargers.

3G2xuHY.jpg

Mg4KB5O.jpg

EjwJTYr.jpg

Cleveland Browns

- As the Browns are in a unique position of being without a primary logo, this re-design allows them to completely own their most prominent uniform element -- the color brown.

- Taking cues from the team's colorful name and their minimalist sensibility, color blocking is the main uniform element in play here, save for a heavy brown stripe on the helmet and pants.

- The custom letter and number type gives the uniform set an almost throwback feel, keeping the set from becoming too modernist with a small wink toward the traditional.

New looks for the Browns.

WEalCWQ.jpg

XveKift.jpg

8jVYCAP.jpg

Philadelphia Eagles

- A lighter, more nimble take on the Eagles look, leaving behind the clunky, heavy mix of dark green and black.

- Silver shoulders feature stitching representative of wings.

- An aerodynamic custom letter and number type, with strong edges and points reminiscent of an eagle's tapered feathers.

New looks for the Eagles.

WEalCWQ.jpg

XveKift.jpg

8jVYCAP.jpg

Philadelphia Eagles

- A lighter, more nimble take on the Eagles look, leaving behind the clunky, heavy mix of dark green and black.

- An aerodynamic custom letter and number type, with strong edges and points reminiscent of an eagle's tapered feathers.

Good choice of font

AmPJ0Ty.png 

FZeXbDj.jpg

XWl8di9.jpg

CkoKdqW.jpg

Cincinnati Bengals

- Orange takes over as the primary color, whose namesake animal is similarly predominantly orange.

- Black striping on shoulders continues onto the chest and pants as a sublimation.

- Numbers inspired by the team's custom type.

New looks for the Bengals.

f1eMyjv.jpg

zgg7Ug4.jpg

qvRFtvy.jpg

Arizona Cardinals

- Limited the use of black to an accent color.

- Cues from the primary logo influence the sleeve design.

- Feather/sunburst stitching on the shoulders and helmet, taking cues from the Arizona flag and cardinal feathers.

New looks for the Cardinals.

FZeXbDj.jpg

XWl8di9.jpg

CkoKdqW.jpg

Cincinnati Bengals

- Orange takes over as the primary color, whose namesake animal is similarly predominantly orange.

- Black striping on shoulders continues onto the chest and pants as a sublimation.

New looks for the Bengals.

Sublimation; I like it.

Off topic, but you have the best photoshop skills I have seen.

WEalCWQ.jpg

XveKift.jpg

8jVYCAP.jpg

Philadelphia Eagles

Oh. My. God. This is the best Eagles concept ive ever seen. This whole series is fantastic. I dont agree with every move you made but the good designs definitely outweigh the bad! Fantastic series. Keep it up. Its nice to see some fantastic, forward thinking concept work on these boards

zPfTNXq_sm_zpsu3fsswbz.jpg 8DRvuUI_sm_zpsthbhbnio.jpg

Maurer_icons-02_zps7dcbd790.png Maurer_icons-01_zpsfee43a9b.png

etmqHL6.jpg

twuNl09.jpg

6kEsfiR.jpg

Atlanta Falcons

- Used a brighter red, which pops brighter on solid black and conveys a fiercer, piercing image.

- Sharp points on the color and sleeves resemble talons, taking cues from the primary logo.

New looks for the Falcons.

Oh. My. God. This is the best Eagles concept ive ever seen. This whole series is fantastic. I dont agree with every move you made but the good designs definitely outweigh the bad! Fantastic series. Keep it up. Its nice to see some fantastic, forward thinking concept work on these boards

Thanks, appreciate the comment. The Eagles concept is probably my favorite of the bunch and I'm glad you appreciate my forward thinking on a lot of these.

No Photoshop, I actually produced all these uniforms in my textile factory and then shot them in my adjacent photography studio. Adrian Peterson was patient enough for me to try on all 32 and strike the exact same pose for every shot -- he's a true professional.

I have to say that this is some of the best uniform presentation I've ever seen. I also like the fact that you spend some time on designing the uniforms to match the brands of the teams. Overall, this has got to be my favorite NFL rebrand thread in years. Here's some of my favorites:

1. Carolina Panthers: This entire set is perfect in so many ways. First, the collarbone stripes on the jersey are a stroke of genius and really make the set pop. Secondly, The giant logo and number combo on the helmet works great and gives them a unique look. Finally, the all-black combo is simply the best uniform in the entire rebrand. :wub:
  2. Cincinnati Bengals: This has to be easily the best Bengals uniform re-do ever. I love the fact you emphasize orange instead of black and the tiger stripes in the shoulder is excellent.
  3. Jacksonville Jaguars: Simply put, this is light years ahead of the set they're currently using. The use of teal is outstanding and I'm glad that you brought back the helmets they used last year instead of the atrocities from this year. Also, the jaguar spots on the shoulders and pants is very ingenious and creative and the "Jungle Night" uniforms are fabulous.
  4. New England Patriots: The use of silver is just excellent and breaks them from the current RWB combo of the Buffalo Bills. Plus the striping on the shoulders and pants is well-thought of.
  5. New Orleans Saints: I love the custom number font on the uniforms and bringing back the gold jersey is a smart move when combined with black pants.

Overall: Nearly every set that you did is excellent and continue the great work. (**)(**)(**)(**)(**)

Thanks for taking the time to comment on specific sets, I enjoy seeing everyone's meticulous thoughts.

I've been a board member here for many years and have seen a lot of concepts, I definitely wanted to do something that had never been seen before here. Thanks for noticing!

No Photoshop, I actually produced all these uniforms in my textile factory and then shot them in my adjacent photography studio. Adrian Peterson was patient enough for me to try on all 32 and strike the exact same pose for every shot -- he's a true professional.

not-sure-if-serious-or-sarcastic.jpg

Archived