My NFL: Simple, Sleek, Brand Cohesion (Updating with additional views)

thespungo

LgRrPrw.jpg

ljNiumn.jpg

ItJymvl.jpg

New England Patriots

- The double red, flowing stripes from the team's primary logo take over as the only instance of striping in set, featured on the sleeves, pants, and socks.

- The patriotic cherry red acts as a bright accent to the deep navy, similar to how the orange pops well for both the Broncos and Bears uniform sets.

- Removed superfluous number outlines for a clean, modern look.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CmuMa26.jpg

New Orleans Saints

- The custom number type takes cues from the team's letter type and features a saintly stained-glass effect, changing and reflecting colors in different lighting conditions.

- A simple stripe on the helmet and pants stays consistent with the simple, solid-color collar.

- Golden shoes add to the grand aesthetic overall, which is enhanced with glittery flashes when the players are in motion.

mFqpeBf.jpg

EOYo4Pp.jpg

nUI4DR0.jpg

New York Giants

- The Giants use of the traditional "Northwestern stripe" is extended to all uniforms in the set, creating a consistent look throughout.

- A "giant" red stripe on the helmet and equally-sized blue stripe on the pants are derivative of the large center portion of the "Northwestern stripe".

- A red jersey returns as an alternate option at home.

G5NdsJm.jpg

New York Jets

- Another strong, modern take on a traditional uniform remains virtually untouched.

- The lone stripe, previously only on the shoulders, is now used as the as the sole helmet stripe.

- The uniquely-Jets striping on the shoulders and sleeves is replicated on the socks.

ux6IMcM.jpg

Oakland Raiders

- Another strong, proud uniform tradition remains virtually untouched.

- Solid-color socks and give one of the NFL's most traditional uniforms a slick, modern feel.

- Alternate Black Hole uniform an option for marquee matchups, such as playoff games or rivalry games.

WEalCWQ.jpg

XveKift.jpg

8jVYCAP.jpg

Philadelphia Eagles

- A lighter, more nimble take on the Eagles look, leaving behind the clunky, heavy mix of dark green and black.

- Silver shoulders feature stitching representative of wings.

- An aerodynamic custom letter and number type, with strong edges and points reminiscent of an eagle's tapered feathers.

PhEhwOc.jpg

Pittsburgh Steelers

- Another strong, proud uniform tradition remains virtually untouched.

- The Steelers' distinctive striping pattern is added to the socks, reinforcing their most ownable uniform element.

- A heavier stripe is added to the helmet and pants, toughening up their overall look.

- Alternate Steelworks uniform an option for marquee matchups, such as playoff games or rivalry games.

eGdl71t.jpg

MV1mEZV.jpg

33ClikD.jpg

San Diego Chargers

- Superfluous outlines are removed for a clean and modern take on their classic look, while the bolts are moved back to their long time position on the shoulders.

- Continuing the trend of teams in warmer climates, all-white becomes the regular home look.

- White matte helmet accentuated with a glossy, reflective lightning bolt which really pops under the stadium lights.

- Classic gold pants make their return as an alternate look, pairing nicely with either the white or navy jersey.

- The numbers feel energized, as the gradient shifts when exposed to different lighting conditions.

- Golden shoes add to the electric aesthetic, which is enhanced with bright flashes when the players are in motion.

2eKgqNw.jpg

San Francisco 49ers

- One of the league's best uniform sets is streamlined here for an ultimately traditional, yet modern look.

- The 49ers iconic sleeve stripes are moved higher so all three are visible, while the stripes now appear on the socks, as well.

- The secondary striping pattern on the helmet and pants is removed completely, giving way to the more ownable stripes on the sleeves and socks.

86hxdi0.jpg

Seattle Seahawks

- A few small tweaks to an overall distinctive and very modern new look created by Nike.

- The unnecessary gray stripe across the upper chest is removed, while the feather icon is kept to stay consistent with it's usage throughout the uniform.

- The Seahawks new distinguishing striping pattern, previously only on the pants and neck, is now added to the socks.

zInq82E.jpg

St. Louis Rams

- An adaptation to what many fans would say is their best look, using navy for a modern twist on one of the NFL's most classic uniform sets.

- A bold custom number type with a strong base and hard edges, reminiscent of the mountains that a ram would call home.

- Solid-color socks and navy shoes gives this traditional uniform a slick, modern feel.

SkLRHEr.jpg

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

- An all-white home look for another of the NFL's warm climate teams, with alternate pewter pants for either the white or dark jersey.

- The collar and pants feature stripes which are suggestive of a pirate's blade.

- A swashbuckling custom number type, taking cues from the striping on the collar and pants.

Pjw3lWZ.jpg

kaiezld.jpg

M2mGcML.jpg

Tennessee Titans

- A surprisingly consistent and modern look remains virtually untouched.

- The contrasting belt loops and thick helmet stripe are meant to be derivative of the heavy shoulder stripe.

- Three pairs of pants and jerseys could be interchanged for a very pleasing look in any combination.

2gyzUqx.jpg

Washington Redskins

- A variety of different looks in the past are thrown out for a pro-combat style reimagining, taking cues from brave Indian warriors for these War Paint uniforms.

- War paint stripes are featured on the helmet, sleeves, and pants, and a paint-inspired letter type.

- A custom number type takes its paint-splattered cues from the feathers in the team's primary logo.

- Alternate Black Out uniform an option for marquee matchups, such as playoff games or rivalry games.

This is actually one of the better NFL-wide redesign threads I've seen. A lot of tweaks need to be made to make these really good, but overall, well done. Good presentation.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Some of these are phenomenal, some of them leave me scratching my head, but all of them show great thoughtfulness and attention to detail. There is the issue that the numbers look too big on some of them. Imagine if they said "33"--would there be enough room?

rATMcmK.png

These are really well done. I love your creativity and attention to detail. I would really like to see different angles of these concepts. We can't see the helmets or striping well.

I understand you giving the Chargers and Bucs white home unis, but I think their color uniforms are some of the best looks in the league. I especially love Tampa's red jersey with their pewter helmet and pants. I know that you have it as an option, but I would just hate to see them only be worn twice a year.

award%20sig.png

Archived