NHL Heritage Classic - Ottawa Senators

kevinjohnpost

In March of 2014, the Ottawa Senators and the Vancouver Canucks will play in the NHL Heritage Classic. So far, nothing about what each team will be wearing has been announced.

Here is what I would like to see Ottawa wear. The top concept has a square yoke while the bottom has round. Tell me what you prefer. Probably not the biggest decision but it makes a difference.

Loosely based on this.

2rpa2yv.jpg

As for the template, it was made by Matthew McElroy and edited by me.

The template can be found here: http://www.icethetics.info/templates/

You can find Matthew's stuff here: http://number9concepts.tumblr.com/

He makes some sweet hockey concepts over there so definitely check him out if you haven't already.

I like the square yoke the best, but I think the shield logo doesn't belong on the front. Just the O logo would work IMO.

Also, I'd ditch the box around the numbers on the back and just stop the chest stripe at the back side paneling.

@TorinK92

Good suggestion, I originally used the shield because their current alternate uses the O. I tried it and I personally like both.

@JCRGraphix

It is very pixelated. Paint.net is not very good at down-scaling images. The template is also quite small so I had to down-scale the logo a lot.

@tommytimp

Nah, they're mesh.

Here are some revisions. Top concept is revised one. Bottom is original but I tried to make it look less pixelated.

6onb00.jpg

I like the O one too. And really, if you put the never-used profile logo on the shoulders, you'd have a great regular alternate.

Maybe add an additional gold outline on the O (so it's a black O outlined in red and gold). Just a thought.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived