Nitroseed's Survivor Series Tournament

nitroseed

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, we are closing in on the final stretch until the Quarterfinals of the Survivor Series Tournament begins! The first challenge will be unveiled tonight at midnight EST.

That being said, with the tournament starting very soon, I have no choice but to replace Braden, as his whereabouts are unknown and it is unfair to his team to send them into competition without 3 reliable competitors. This is certainly nothing personal against Braden, and I hope he does not take offense to this, because I'm only doing this out of fairness to everyone. As I said, vic expressed his concern, and it is roughly 9 hours before the start of the tourney and Braden is still MIA. The only fair option is to replace Braden. And as I said earlier, JungleBook45 and AbbeyBF42 will also be replaced.

So... we have three replacements to make! Let's go ahead and do the drawings, shall we?

The first replacement on Team 3 is... CityOfWalrus!

Replacing JungleBook45 on the Nemesis Design Alliance will be... brassbonanza97!

And the third and final replacement, rounding out Team 3 is... tajmccall!

I will give all three of you exactly 6 hours (until 9:00pm EST) to confirm and accept your invitations. If I have not received word from you by then, I will draw another replacement.

And as fair notice, I am enstating a rule so that after the Quarterfinals are completed, no replacements may be made and all teams will be locked. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please let me know, and if they're vaild arguments against this policy, then I will reconsider.

So, to recap, here are the teams and matchups as it stands right now, as of 3:00pm EST:

Team 3 - Vicfurth / tajmccall / CityOfWalrus

- vs -

Nemesis Design Alliance - GMac / epper / brassbonanza97

Lo-Fi Identity Systems - Sterling84 / pittunited / joel_fiasco

- vs -

Designing Five-O - GameCock82 / Mockba / Steve-O

G3 Studios - GMS1122 / Shiznit / whchoclte

- vs -

Triumvirate Creative - Avenger / pcgd / Gordie

Ultimate Megapowers - commish / Rozilla / hockeygator

- vs -

Super Insane Crayola Killazz - SyPhi / paynomind / wurdlwyde

Italics are pending participants

So, again, you three new guys, post in this thread and let me know by 9:00pm EST if you accept your invitation. Thanks, and good luck to everyone!

Hey, I'm doing what I can, man. I can't plan for stuff like this, so I have to improvise.

seedster,

you are on the eve of the most fantastic thing to hit this community and now you start sniveling.

My gawd, man. Act like you've been there before!

If you want things to go "smoothly" for your little screenplay, then I would suggest keeping your useless comments to yourself. I have everything under control. At this point, I don't care if you're serious or not, because whatever you mean it as, it's not constructive, which doesn't help anyone. So, why don't you step out of character and play the quiet game a while, hm?

If you want things to go "smoothly" for your little screenplay, then I would suggest keeping your useless comments to yourself. I have everything under control. At this point, I don't care if you're serious or not, because whatever you mean it as, it's not constructive, which doesn't help anyone. So, why don't you step out of character and play the quiet game a while, hm?

OhhhhKaaaayyy....

Big ups... :grin:

Okay, the 9 o'clock hour is approaching... however, I've decided I'm going to extend the amount of time taj has to reply. By rule, alternates can still be inducted during the Quarterfinals, and since in retrospect it seems very unfair to only give him six hours on a Friday afternoon to accept, I'm extending his acceptance deadline to 11:59pm EST tomorrow night. The competition will commence in roughly 3 hours as scheduled.

The website will more than likely not be complete until next weekend. This upcoming week is my midterms at grad school (meaning studying and midterm projects), and I have jury duty orientation on Tuesday (... <_< ...). But, the website won't really be entirely necessary until the first eliminations occur. So, look for that to launch around Thursday or Friday of next week.

I'm very excited to get this tournament underway. I'm very happy that all of you are enjoying and embracing the atmosphere being created by this competition! :D Good luck to all of you.

clusterfick warning

worthless fick warning.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Ok, well im back out

I kinda feel like im having sex here, always optimistic with a hint of teasing but, usually dissapointed.

If anyone drops out, or if anyone mysteriously dissapears from the face of the earth, i had nothign to do with it, but im in.

But now that ive handled that graciously, here are some theories to why im not in that people are talking about.

Theory #1

Nitroseed fears Taj.- Haha funny you say, A+ students dont fear B students. Or do they??? Brad is great, ambitious, QUICK, and on point in presentation, color selection, just about everything.

Sean is told he has great talent, but generally likes to go out and enjoy himself rather than do actual work. When he does try hard its usually allright, but about 1 in 4 reach that status, the rest get shoved away.

Sean comes up with logos that are cute, but unfinished

Brad comes up with logos that are beautiful, but well refined.

But you forget that the prom queen always wishes she could stick out her stomach, eat some chips and have a beer without worrying and be the person who does what he wants. That man is sean, well the stomach part anyhow.

Well Nitro has the Quan, but he'll never have the Shaun. (spelled SEAN, jerk)

Theory #2

the Joel Fiasco/Payno Theory

In the past weeks, the 2 above and our hero, me, have become decent to best friend ever status. Which means basically, were not completely enraged by every sentence eachother makes, and we occasionally understand eachothers off color references to 1980's music and cinema. But while this "bond" was supposedly sparked, it was actually just a large ploy to get Our hero to become more personally involved with the board, in conjunction with Nitroseeds latest brainchild, which has every chance of becoming the 2004 version of furby.

The two operatives, headed by joel fiasco find out when mr. mccall wont be in town, they announce the project, and quickly inform the involved parties to quickly sign up before mr. mccall returns. Surely leaving the man of the hour with a "where my invitation" feeling.

Then, gauging his interest, maintain that he has a chance, and dangle a few offers at him before starting, then hours before you start, offer him a chance on friday night, which after interrogation has been proven the best time for him to not respond to any posts, give him a small window hell miss, extend it, only to renig it.

A brilliant, cunning, and sinsiter plan that leaves mr. mccall with the nuse around his neck, until in a 6th sence moment, he realizes the entire scam, cuts the rope, and vows revenge.

Theory #3

Braden is nitroseed/chriscreamer/mojoto

And hes just fooling us all.

thats all i got for now.

feel free to post your own theories of truth and horror.

Archived