Premier League Hockey Crossover - All Teams Finished!

JCRGraphix

I've been super busy with work recently, and haven't been able to do much in the way of concept work, but I finally got around to starting a new project. I've recently started watching Barclay's Premier League Football on TV, and I'm hooked. I still love hockey the best, but I'm really warming up to British Soccer.

Anyways, I decided to do the BPL as hockey teams using my new hockey brand "JCR"

Up first is Arsenal F.C. The thirds for all of these are inspired by their real-life kits.

arsenal.png

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing that leaps out at me are the sleeves on the home jersey - given that they are very famous for their white sleeves, I think that if you were to incorporate at least some white on them it would help things look a bit more 'Arsenal'.

Regardless of EPL tradition, from a Hockey templale/Trim standpoint, I absolutely love the sleeve pattern, where it almost look like a traditional yoke gets stretched all the way passed the elbows to the wrists.

Is there any hockey team that wear similar style?

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Given how busy the marks of football/soccer teams are compared to most hockey logos, I don't see a lot of the Premier League logos working well on a hockey uniform. You might want to consider minimalising the logos to some degree. Having said that, I'm torn on Arsenal. I'm not sure whether or not the existing logo works. It's certainly a lot cleaner than most football crests but it's still not quite there. Maybe it's the text, maybe it's the stroke on the text. Maybe try adding a white stroke around the crest on the red jersey to help it stand out more. Either way, I'm interested to see what you can come up with.

Other than that, the uniforms are spot on for the most part. Although, Jaffa makes a valid point. Much like the Red Wings are known for the red sleeves on their white jersey, Arsenal are known for the white sleeves on their red shirts. So, the sleeves probably should have more white to be more reflective of the team it's based on, but perhaps not too much so it's not throwing off the colour balance on the uniform. Perhaps try something similar to Minnesota's red jersey.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

...White pants? Please no, not in a sport where they come in contact with melting ice.

Agreed. You never see anyone wear white pants/shorts.

Especially here, with Arsenal. No one wants to see an Arsene Wenger going on a breakaway.

Good point. I prefer my hockey sans-bullocks. I've updated the original posts...

Not sure why they would still be called "football clubs" when they're playing hockey. Other than that, not a bad series so far.

I didn't really want to change the team identities too much. Thanks though!

Up next is Crystal Palace.

crystalpalace.png

Dont know if I would use so much navy for Everton. I think of Everton as a royal and white team, like the Maple Leafs.

I feel the same way as this. You did agood job creating an identity around the current badge.

Although, the only problem is that this badge is getting dropped after this (and only 1) season after complaints from the fans.

The new badge to be used:

480x.jpg

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Archived