Birmingham Americans (the only champion in WFL history):

5807.gif

Birmingham Vulcans (replaced the Americans in season 2):

5810.gif

Detroit Wheels (played only 13 games in season 1 before folding):

5882.gif

Florida Blazers (moved to San Antonio and became the Wings in season 2):

5884.gif

New York Stars (played only 13 games before moving to Charlotte and becoming the Hornets):

5813.gif

Philadelphia Bell:

5889.gif

Washington Ambassadors (never played; moved to Norfolk, VA, and then later Orlando, FL, and became the aforementioned Florida Blazers):

5924.gif

YOZXkBG.png?1

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, OliverP said:

Anyone asked for permission?

Lemme guess, no?

You are correct! Seems to be getting used here & there. Saw it on this website also. Right now it looks like the field hockey team are the only ones from Villanova  using it that I'm aware of.

http://morethanthecurve.com/villanovas-field-hockey-team-building-new-home-field-at-the-proving-grounds-in-conshohocken/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ren69 said:

You are correct! Seems to be getting used here & there. Saw it on this website also. Right now it looks like the field hockey team are the only ones from Villanova  using it that I'm aware of.

http://morethanthecurve.com/villanovas-field-hockey-team-building-new-home-field-at-the-proving-grounds-in-conshohocken/

Have you tried contacting the school about it? I know its a cleaned up version of their old logo but still, you've done the work of cleaning it up, It doesn't give them the right of using it without permission.

Also, I found a couple of retro style shirts they're selling, but I believe it's the original logo on it and not your version, so yeah, I too think that the field hockey team is the only one using it.

Haven't tried to make contact yet OliverP. Like you said, it is their logo but it's my updated version of it. The way I see it is if EIU was courteous enough to contact me & purchase my version of their vintage logo to make it part of their official set, Villanova should be able to do the same.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance this retro auburn logo can get an update? I had to take a picture of it on a license plate because it seemingly doesn't exist on the internet. Thanks!

IMG_4979.JPG

• Like 1

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/4/2017 at 8:10 AM, Somppi said:

Any chance this retro auburn logo can get an update? I had to take a picture of it on a license plate because it seemingly doesn't exist on the internet. Thanks!

IMG_4979.JPG

@Somppi I know this one was put on the back burner for a long time & you've been a consistent follower of my threads, hope you dig the update, thnx!

LogoTemplate_VintageLogos_AuburnTigers3.png

• Like 6

7 hours ago, ren69 said:

@Somppi I know this one was put on the back burner for a long time & you've been a consistent follower of my threads, hope you dig the update, thnx!

LogoTemplate_VintageLogos_AuburnTigers3.png

Awesome job, I really appreciate you taking the time to give this new life!

• Like 3

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

On 4/23/2017 at 8:53 AM, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Can someone do this old stony brook one if they have time?

IMG_5709.JPG

Sorry it's so simple, I was trying to keep it as close to the original as possible:

eagxgfj.png

@ren69Absolutely stunning work as always. I was hoping you'd get to that one eventually :D

• Like 4

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

• 2 weeks later...