These are really terrific versions of great logos. You managed to update them without altering their essential character.

Would you take some suggestions on a few logos that need updating?

These are really terrific versions of great logos. You managed to update them without altering their essential character.

Would you take some suggestions on a few logos that need updating?

Sure, Just worked on this NDSU vintage logo yesterday for Milkman14.

LogoTemplate_VintageLogos_NDSU.png

Those 2 UT logos are possibly the best updates I've seen on this site. They are certainly my favorites. Updated but keeping the vintage feel. Outstanding work.

Al of these logos are top quality. I'm with everyone else in wanting to see more.

Really appreciate all the positive feedback on these! Will post SMU hopefully tomorrow, also working on U of Colorado.

Tex, I came by just to see if you had added anything to this thread, so I will pre-praise your coming SMU logo which I look forward to seeing.

These are all spectacular. Any general tips for other people looking to try this out?

These are all spectacular. Any general tips for other people looking to try this out?

For me it's about keeping it simple & not overthinking the design. Use the more defined lines of the logo as your starting point then progress from there. This can be easily achieved by simply printing out the logo you want to work on & tracing those defined lines. A light table or tracing paper are ideal for this but not a must. Once you have your line work laid out then you can begin adjusting those lines to your liking. Once that's complete just scan it & use your favorite drawing program to finish it. Always take your time because rushing through the design will more than likely show in your finished artwork. Hope this helps & maybe we'll see a vintage logo design from you sometime soon.

This... is not an attempt.

...its a slaying (slay means good).

Nice job.

Hot damn, that SMU redo and the Colorado buffalo (which was always a generic logo used by many different teams) are top shelf! These are all worthy enough to be pressed into actual service by the universities. Great work, Tex!

SMU.

Colorado.

TCU.

Absolutely beautiful.

LogoTemplate_VintageLogos_VillanovaWildc

This one was requested. Skier, hope I did it justice. Not sure how accurate it is...couldn't really make out all the detail from image.

LogoTemplate_VintageLogos_ColbyMules.png

You've really improved that old Villanova graphic. The SMU and CU works are awesome.

I found this SMU graphic on the vintage college mascots thread. What could you do with this, ren69?

dPgGto6.jpg