PhillyEagles1969.png

I have been trying to make a look like that but couldnt somehow get the lines copied or so.. I wonder if I did something wrong?but that is amazing!!!

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

that's the thing, ren... I have been trying to get a copy of the logo to do side by side.. the original logo on one side and the other one to try to trace and somehow thicken up the lines.. but ehh I am lost somehow.. guess Illustrator somehow is new to me...just need to get the hang of it somehow but have to try again later...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Don't give up trying! You'll find your groove with illustrator. I find it easy using a light table to trace out the original then start tweaking it once line work has been traced out. The majority of my update is done on paper not in illustrator, that might be something you could try & see how it works for you. If there's anything else I can help you with please don't hesitate to ask. Good luck!

I'd love to see this modernized/updated!

svs4zsaae6sehc5jhus7pzle2.gif

What team/sport does this logo belong to?
It's the Nova Soctia Voyageurs, formerly of the AHL. Sorry about that!

I was just watching hockey night in Canada and they made a reference to the Nova Scotia Voyageurs! Never knew of them until their logo got posted. Funny how that works

• Like 1

That's a great looking logo, I've never heard about that team.

That Delgado update is BRILLIANT! Delgado is a community college in New Orleans. They're known as a JUCO baseball powerhouse. LSU and Tulane get a number of their transfer players from Delgado.

I'll have to send this logo to my brother-in-law, he used to work as a trainer for the baseball team over there.

• Like 1

gYH2mW9.png

the Delgado design is not an update, it's a redesign. And an outstanding one at that! Really, that school and baseball program would be very fortunate to have a mark like that to represent them. Continue the great work, REN! This actually brings up an interesting aspect of this thread, when does an update turn into a redesign? How far does it have to go? REN, you continue to keep things fun and interesting!

• Like 1

Thank you all for the kind words! That's actually a very good question & interesting point you brought up there Dunn. I've had a blast updating & restoring these vintage logos...which for the most part, the majority of them are great as is & only require some slight mods to restore them. Then there's others that require bit more of creativity due to the fact the original is not in very good shape. Finally there's the ones like this Delgado logo that no matter what you do to try & restore it, it's just not gonna look right because the original was drawn so poorly. Believe me, I wanted to update it but there was just no way of salvaging it...therefore a redesign was necessary in this case. I did however try & stay true to the original by using elements within it. First, I kept the basic shape of the dolphin which I felt was an important starting point in keeping it true to original but added fins which were really needed & can't understand why they were completely omitted in the original. Then, I thought the eye needed to look similar to maintain a bit of that vintageness. Next I went with a baseball cap over that sombrero looking cap it's wearing. Finally, I kept the bat & ball which help tie & associate it with the original. So while this is a redesign, my intentions were for people to look at it & make the connection with the original. Especially the ones who recognize & know what the original looks like.

Thanks again!

Ren

• Like 2

Two more excellent updates ren. Any chance you could try the Kansas logo I posted a few pages back?

I was looking online for logo possibly showing a little more detail than the one you posted & came across this one done by CHIEF on these boards back in 2011.

Jayhawk1912.png

Rock Chalk Jayhawk !!!

• Like 1

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Thank you all for the kind words! That's actually a very good question & interesting point you brought up there Dunn. I've had a blast updating & restoring these vintage logos...which for the most part, the majority of them are great as is & only require some slight mods to restore them. Then there's others that require bit more of creativity due to the fact the original is not in very good shape. Finally there's the ones like this Delgado logo that no matter what you do to try & restore it, it's just not gonna look right because the original was drawn so poorly. Believe me, I wanted to update it but there was just no way of salvaging it...therefore a redesign was necessary in this case. I did however try & stay true to the original by using elements within it. First, I kept the basic shape of the dolphin which I felt was an important starting point in keeping it true to original but added fins which were really needed & can't understand why they were completely omitted in the original. Then, I thought the eye needed to look similar to maintain a bit of that vintageness. Next I went with a baseball cap over that sombrero looking cap it's wearing. Finally, I kept the bat & ball which help tie & associate it with the original. So while this is a redesign, my intentions were for people to look at it & make the connection with the original. Especially the ones who recognize & know what the original looks like.

Thanks again!

Ren

REN, you're intentions were executed very well. The direct tie to the existing design is obvious, but it has been upgraded in both line quality and concept. The addition of the water ripples and the modernized lines and shapes takes it to a new and better place. It gets into a grey area when we are talking updating versus redesigning, but whatever you want to call it, keep doing it because its really good and fun to look at.

• Like 1

Dunn, your absolutely right about it being a grey area when it comes to updating/redesigning logos and the more I look at it the more I think it can even be called a modernization. So while I initially set out to establish an association between the two, at the end if the day...it is a redesign, lol. Thanks again for your thoughts on this! Just had an idea for a question of the day.

Q: what separates a redesign from a modernization?

Ren

Dunn, your absolutely right about it being a grey area when it comes to updating/redesigning logos and the more I look at it the more I think it can even be called a modernization. So while I initially set out to establish an association between the two, at the end if the day...it is a redesign, lol. Thanks again for your thoughts on this! Just had an idea for a question of the day.

Q: what separates a redesign from a modernization?

Ren

I say : Redesign is taking a completely new style identity. For instance. the Buffalo Sabres going from Black Red and Silver and the 'goathead' back to Blue and Gold and the 'buffaslug'. Basically changing your whole style and look.

Modernization...something like you've done on some of your work and what the Atlanta Hawks did recently with their old logo. Similar or a reminder logo of a previous or old identity you had.

• Like 1