Guys honestly these are amazing designs you people post. I'm a beginner to these forums, and when I stunned upon this I seriously couldn't stop. I have two important questions that hopefully some of you could answer:

How do you do this, and what programs do you use to create these awesome logos?

Secondly do you guys also update old/unrefined soccer (football) logos, because I'm a real big soccer (football) fan? If so can you refine/update this (take all your freedom when doing so), much appreciated. BENFICA1.jpg

77QSUj8.pngqCeHhp1.png?1

@ Thecargeek...Appreciate the kind words. Personally I use a program called Adobe Illustrator for all my logo design work. As for how I do it...I have a couple videos that give you a little insight on how I go about doing these. If I'm not mistaken they are on pages 47 & 48.

@ Thecargeek...Appreciate the kind words. Personally I use a program called Adobe Illustrator for all my logo design work. As for how I do it...I have a couple videos that give you a little insight on how I go about doing these. If I'm not mistaken they are on pages 47 & 48.

Thanks a lot Ren, I know Adobe Illustrator and for obvious reasons, it is out of my reach (I'll still check the vids). Keep up the great work, you and the others posting such amazing updates. Greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

77QSUj8.pngqCeHhp1.png?1

Been on this site about 8 years & this has got to be my favorite thread (and I'm only halfway through it). So far the Houston Rocket man & StL football Cards are personal favorites. Hope this request isn't a repeat but I'd love to see a modern update to the U of Houston '80's Phi Slama Jama logo. I don't have much for you to go by but maybe you can just take the basic concept & roll with your own ideas. If not, no worries ...still loving the other updates.

coogspsj_zpscc72424d.jpg

CCSLsig.png

Join us at Space City Lions - Houston's Aston Villa Supporters Club

Was that logo only made for the fraternity & was it made by a fraternity member or is it like an official school logo?

I may be over-explaining but it was long ago enough that it probably isn't the common knowledge it once was. That logo was on the back of the UH basketball team jackets. It wasn't an actual fraternity. Phi Slama Jama was a nickname for the early-80's UH team that featured Hakeem Olajuwon & Clyde Drexler. They went to three straight Final Fours & really helped popularize the above-the-rim style that's so common now. Best team ever to not win a title, in my opinion.

I believe the logo itself, as well as the jackets, were made by a relative of one of the players ...so not really an official team mark, but perhaps semi-official since the team did use it for sideline gear.

jamfest_zps8c883186.jpg

CCSLsig.png

Join us at Space City Lions - Houston's Aston Villa Supporters Club

ahs.png

Came across this while doing some research. This is the logo for the Amarillo High School Sandies. Any takers?

The Golden Sandie would be a great update.

The Longhorn is terrific. Thanks for the work on these.

• Like 1

FsQiF2W.png

Ran across this primary logo for the Detroit Compuware Ambassadors after seeing that crazy name mentioned in the Hartford Whalers relocation article today:

1657.gif

It looks improbably vintage for something from 1990-92, but I sorta love it in a so-bad-it's-good kind of way. It almost calls to mind Detroit as the cyberpunk dystopia everyone thought it would be in the Robocop days. Anyone up for updating it so it's actually legible?

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg