1 minute ago, ren69 said:

Great update on that Detroit Tigers logo Zion!

@Paul Lucas that Chicago White Sox logo has been done & can be found here

There's an index on the OP with most of the logo's done here minus the newer one's.

Thanks! And if I'm not mistaken, wasn't the Padres logo updated somewhere on the board?

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

2 hours ago, ren69 said:

I believe so, just not sure what page it's on since it isn't on the index.

Hey, guys. I sorted through all 101 pages and couldn't find an updated Padres logo. I will say, going through it this second time, your work is no less impressive. Also, I know I'm late, but I'm sorry for your loss.

2 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

Hey, guys. I sorted through all 101 pages and couldn't find an updated Padres logo. I will say, going through it this second time, your work is no less impressive. Also, I know I'm late, but I'm sorry for your loss.

Page 52 is where the index lives. 

• Like 1

HELP! I really need some one who is skilled with graphic design and wants a challenge. I really need a logo for my football team: The Brigadiers. A Brigadier is a general in many nations and I would love the logo to incorporate the military. Also, if you would like to make other versions of the logo but with different but similar team names, that would be great. Thanks!!!

44 minutes ago, jakep13 said:

HELP! I really need some one who is skilled with graphic design and wants a challenge. I really need a logo for my football team: The Brigadiers. A Brigadier is a general in many nations and I would love the logo to incorporate the military. Also, if you would like to make other versions of the logo but with different but similar team names, that would be great. Thanks!!!

Seriously? Is TWO threads not enough?

• Like 2

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Htown1141 said:

2016-09-03.pngLogoTemplate_VintageLogos_MichiganWolver

hmmmmmmm.........

I don't know who patrat55 is nor do i know if anyone cares, but i just wanted tot notify  everyone that this is out there.

Of course we care when someone rips off one of Ren's logos, or anyone's for that matter.. Thanks for notifying us, hopefully Ren will be able to send a cease and desist.

On another note, I should have another update posted soon :D

• Like 2

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

Thnx for the heads up Htown!  I'll look to see what can be done. Pretty tuff to combat these things when so much artwork is out there for the picking for these guys.  Looked on his page & also found hettinger_rl wolverine concept being sold as a sticker by someone else.

WolverineEBAY.png

• Like 1

Before I get deep, there has been a lot of great work posted on here! I'm mad at myself for not keeping up with it! 

The last couple of posts have brought up a topic that I always struggle with. When do we as the artists own the work? I like to think that as soon as you put pen to paper (or pen tool to digital art board) you own that design. However, when you are doing a logo update you aren't creating a unique design, you are improving an existing one. So do you own the rights, or does the school? See Shepard Fairey's HOPE poster for example. 

I was always taught growing up that the only way to cheat in art is to put your name on someone else's work. Unfortunately, that's not how copyright laws work and it's not that easy to understand. In this case, someone clearly took Ren's logo and started using it for profit, which is definitely a no-no in my book. 

Im curious what Ren and others think on this topic, especially with the theme of this thread! 

• Like 1