Olympique Montréal 76 (fantasy soccer)

LaGrandeOrange

Hello,

I have long had a passion for sports graphic design and soccer, and I currently participate in an Xpert Eleven league (an online soccer management game). I've just recently started trying to learn some more advanced techniques, and this is the first logo I've put together I'm really proud of. I present, the crest for my club- Olympique Montréal 76.

EJtYPY9.png

The main drawing is of the tower on Olympic Stadium.

kveca1318s.jpg

This is the first thing I've felt at all comfortable posting for an audience like this, and I'm very interested in C&C.

Thank you kindly!

-alexandre

It looks very nice and clean, but there is still a couple of things I'd work on.

I'm not sold on the font size and spacing, there seems to be a lot of empty space in the red.

Also, the gradient sort of works, but I'd like to see it without as well just for comparison.

And the fleur-de-lis don't look right by the bottom, they seem cluttered down there. Try moving them up centre in the blue or fill in the red space with them.

But good work for your first time :)

It looks very nice and clean, but there is still a couple of things I'd work on.

I'm not sold on the font size and spacing, there seems to be a lot of empty space in the red.

Also, the gradient sort of works, but I'd like to see it without as well just for comparison.

And the fleur-de-lis don't look right by the bottom, they seem cluttered down there. Try moving them up centre in the blue or fill in the red space with them.

But good work for your first time :)

I agree with all of this. I would also add that I would like to see the tower slimmer at the top as it looks in the picture you posted.

gYH2mW9.png

Great idea, well executed, and yes, you may want to try narrowing the top and widening the base.

The one issue i can see with the concept is that after spending close to $1,5B Montrealers aren't really that proud of "The Big Owe".

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Archived