2014-15 Soccer Kits & News (too early? nah)

Conrad.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's funny, because Adidas made it only for US markets. In Europe and I think rest of the world also, mostly the only difference between replica and authentic is fabric -for example replica got climacool/climalite when authentic got adizero/formotion-, but not a design (except Puma in Poland like Lech and Śląsk in past seasons).

I don't understand why adidas does this, but I think it's because of replica jerseys in other Major Leagues in US.

4r2eer.png

Jeresey_AuthvsRep.jpg

Hadn't seen the comparison up until now, really not sure how Adidas can justify making that collar so completely different to the actual one....

I'm not so sure that it's Adidas too blame. It maybe more about MLS marketing (or lack there of) than Adidas. MLS is a joke when it comes to merchandise and marketing and I am a fan of the league.

This isn't new for Adidas.

They've been selling Authentic and Replica jerseys for MLS for some time now.

The replicas have been loose-fitting and have less patches or detail all along, they also sell for much cheaper so I don't really think that it's that big of a deal. If you want the real deal, you pay for it.

Perfect example, I bought the 2014 onyx TFC shirt. It's an authentic and has all the patches and a slimmer "player's fit". My friend bought the replica (financial reasons, he knew what he was getting into though) and it did not have the MLS patch or flag patch on the sleeve and the maple leaf design that is on the authentic is just stripes on the replica (pictures attached). It's also a mush looser fit. I don't recall the difference in price exactly but I believe I paid about $100 more than him (granted I also got a name and number, he didn't).

I don't believe the replicas are inconsistent at all, I believe they are done this way on purpose, to offer a less expensive option for people who want a jersey but can't afford the top dollar version. Better than people buying knock-offs if you ask me. It's like buying a new car, if you want the heated seats or the sun-roof, ect you pay more for it.

mls1051171401-6.jpgtoronto-fc-adidas-2014-replica-short-sle

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

It's long bugged me that on Toronto's jersey the crest and sponsor logo are so crowded. I'm guessing BMO doesn't have a logo with the mark on the left? Or even a large mark with the BMO smaller under? Really the worst possible sponsor logo for the soccer jersey. Maybe this version would mesh better?

mls1051171401-6.jpgbank_of_montreal_logo.png

It's long bugged me that on Toronto's jersey the crest and sponsor logo are so crowded. I'm guessing BMO doesn't have a logo with the mark on the left? Or even a large mark with the BMO smaller under? Really the worst possible sponsor logo for the soccer jersey. Maybe this version would mesh better?

mls1051171401-6.jpgbank_of_montreal_logo.png

It's always bugged me as well. Luckily you don't have to suffer it much longer though, as BMO has not renewed their shirt sponsorship for the upcoming season.

The question is: Bell or Rogers? Who's going to be the next sponsor?

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Adidas MLS replicas have been wildly inconsistent. Often the replicas are missing an embossed texture, a different collar, neck graphics, and the league crests.

If the only difference were materials and the championship stars i wouldn't mind as much.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Jeresey_AuthvsRep.jpg

Hadn't seen the comparison up until now, really not sure how Adidas can justify making that collar so completely different to the actual one....

I don't hate the Adidas three stripes as much as most, but I still find it painfully stupid that they market it as a 'feature' of the kit

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Adidas MLS replicas have been wildly inconsistent. Often the replicas are missing an embossed texture, a different collar, neck graphics, and the league crests.

I'm not sure inconsistent is the right word to describe this, because that would assume that the two should be identical. If they were, then why would anybody shell out the significant extra expense to ever buy the authentic?

There has to be a noticeable difference between the two products to make consumers want to justify purchasing the more expensive jersey.

I remember when the Timbers joined the league in 2011, I considered spending more on the authentic. But the only major difference between the two was a jock tag on the front, so I decided against it.

It looks like Adidas is making the replicas even more watered down these days.

My money's on neither of those. Someone a few pages back mentioned Kia, which does seem the most likely option. SportChek is another major sponsor of the club...

My money's on neither of those. Someone a few pages back mentioned Kia, which does seem the most likely option. SportChek is another major sponsor of the club...

My guess is that it won't be Target.

Why would the league allow the adidas to omit the league crest on the replica? I would make that a required element on all mls apparel.

Why would the league allow the adidas to omit the league crest on the replica? I would make that a required element on all mls apparel.

It's still there, just with one instead of two.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I actually was that someone, lol. I could totally see Kia as they are plastered all over BMO. (I was just making a joke because of the ownership and the rumors that Bell and Rogers are always fighting over MLSE stuff)

I doubt it will be Sportchek, since Canadian Tire bought them they've been closing locations or re-branding them under National Sports.....except in malls I've noticed. I don't quite understand that. But that's another topic.

It's still there, just with one instead of two.

yeah, I was mistaken in my previous post. The MLS patch is still on the sleeve in the replica, just not the flag patch

There are no flag patches anymore.

HappyDance.gif

They can't leave the left sleeve open, because they've already filled it.

But your point is a good one- they should use the left sleeve for a competition patch, be it MLS, CL, Open Cup or whatever.

Prem teams often replace one of the league badges with the UEFA Champions League logo when playing in it, so I imagine MLS teams might well do the same.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived