2014-15 Soccer Kits & News (too early? nah)

Conrad.

For the other big US leagues, manufacturers like Puma and Umbro don't cater to them like adidas and Nike do. In MLS if they make the kit deals similar to how the make the shirt sponsors I could see multiple kits in 2019. Even though I prefer Nike I'd like to see multiple kit makers because they would only have 4 templates to share between 20-24 teams.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Other leagues like the Premiership don't pool merchandise sales the way that American leagues do. That's why it makes more sense to have one single kit manufacturer.

Arsenal signed a £150M deal with Puma, and the club will pocket £150M. If NYCFC negotiated a $200M deal with Nike, the club would only take home $10M. The Crew would get $10M, the Timbers $10M, and so on. And then when a NYCFC shirt is sold for $20 profit, NYCFC gets $1. All the other clubs get $1 as well.

That's the difference. It makes individual kit contexts difficult if not impossible.

Old news but Man United's home kits for next year

BYZ6BrCIgAA-i2f.jpg

To me it's ok, don't like that there's a bunch of black in there.

Something tells me that won't be the final product. They are most likely using the gold bow tie not just an outline.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

If uniteds shirts look anything like that they will look awful in Europa league ;)

In related news didn't the CITY leaked shirt have thick navy cuffs and a collar, maybe that will be Nikes new trend for next year.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

So what does the pattern actually do on the puma kit?

You can probably assume that it raises the optimum performance levels of the wearer by 0.26%, or some such nonsense.

So what does the pattern actually do on the puma kit?

You can probably assume that it raises the optimum performance levels of the wearer by 0.26%, or some such nonsense.

At least they didn't go the Nike route of making it a different color just to point out the fact it has this "special" technology built in there

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

Archived