2014-15 Soccer Kits & News (too early? nah)

Conrad.

UA has that American look to it. Sorry if I offended anyone. Don't get me wrong, UA does some great looking rugby kits for Wales and nice US college football jerseys but when it comes to soccer kits, it's just a shame. I'm a fan of Umbro. My local club Victoria Highlanders FC has been outfitted with Umbro kits for the first five years of existence and have extended their contract with the company for another two years. I'm hoping to see some new kits in 2015 when the main shirt sponsor deal expires at the end of this season. Clean, classy and simple designs Umbro has. Would love to see some Celtic sublimation in my clubs new kit.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was about to post the exact same as above. Other than last years 3rd shirt (below) I would say every UA shirt has been a hit so far.

article-1346233444379-14bbd895000005dc-9

Not only that, but the training wear and other fashion kind of stuff they have produced is an improvement over what did Puma in my opinion. A lot of that being down to not just throwing a Spurs badge on templated stuff.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

QPR's look is hard to screw up, as long as they keep the hoops. At least now there won't be so many manufacturer logos all over the shirt.

Surprised they were talking of rebranding the crest, given their current one is so classy.

I am hoping QPR doesn't rebrand their current crest. Like Nas said, it's very classy and speaks of the history of the London-based club. I think it would be a definite upgrade for QPR to finally get a big name manufacturer for their kit. Maybe that money they are getting from Nike can finally put toward players. They are currently sitting in 4th place in The Championship in one of the Play-off positions. Though they are 10 points behind Burnley for second automatic berth.

Maybe that money they are getting from Nike can finally put toward players.

QPR spent an astronomical amount of money on player transfer fees and wages for a club of their stature when they were in the Premier League.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I hope umbro in near future sign deal with English FA.

For what?

England FA = Umbro, this is the same thing like Germany and Adidas (Ok in the 70's they played in Erima, but in that time Erima is a part of adidas).

By the way, I think if nike doesn't sell umbro, England is still playing with two diamonds on shirts.

4r2eer.png

I think Everton will do well with Umbro. Under Armor is a terrible soccer manufacturer, absolutely terrible. They just don't fit in with the soccer culture. (More so Football than soccer, as I am referring to Under Armor overseas).

Not at Tottenham. The last two seasons kits have been nothing short of superb by UA. They have done their homework.

glory10.png

By the way, I think if nike doesn't sell umbro, England is still playing with two diamonds on shirts.

Nike actually parted company with Umbro some time ago - they sold them to Iconix back in October 2012.

QPR spent an astronomical amount of money on player transfer fees and wages for a club of their stature when they were in the Premier League.

QPR is still paying their astronomical amounts on player wages from those same players they had the last time they were up. I know they got rid of a few players of high wages this season but QPR still has one of the highest player wage bills in the Championship if I am not mistaken.

Even this year in the Championship they have a bigger wage budget as the Champions League finalist Borussia Dortmund. That's incredible.

But I also hope that they don't change their logo. Is this again a Nike thing because it is too complicated? Wasn't it the same case with Everton?

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

I am hoping QPR doesn't rebrand their current crest. Like Nas said, it's very classy and speaks of the history of the London-based club. I think it would be a definite upgrade for QPR to finally get a big name manufacturer for their kit. Maybe that money they are getting from Nike can finally put toward players. They are currently sitting in 4th place in The Championship in one of the Play-off positions. Though they are 10 points behind Burnley for second automatic berth.

I think you might be overestimating how much they will be getting from Nike for this deal.

I hope umbro in near future sign deal with English FA.

For what?

England FA = Umbro, this is the same thing like Germany and Adidas (Ok in the 70's they played in Erima, but in that time Erima is a part of adidas).

Agreed. But Nike has the England FA contract through 2018. Umbro can hardly sign a contract with England in the "near future".

But I also hope that they don't change their logo. Is this again a Nike thing because it is too complicated? Wasn't it the same case with Everton?

I don't think the current QPR crest has been very popular with supporters - they feel it's a bit 'clip art' and trying to be a bit too fancy. I believe they're looking to go back to something similar to their old crest, which I think looks better.

In any case, what they really need to bring back is the apostrophe.

I don't think the current QPR crest has been very popular with supporters - they feel it's a bit 'clip art' and trying to be a bit too fancy. I believe they're looking to go back to something similar to their old crest, which I think looks better.

I totally forgot about their QPRs older crest.

queens_park_rangers_fc_logo.jpg

I think you might be overestimating how much they will be getting from Nike for this deal.

As for what QPR is getting for the deal, it will probably be between 10-15m for entire contract.

I totally forgot about their QPRs older crest.

queens_park_rangers_fc_logo.jpg

As for what QPR is getting for the deal, it will probably be between 10-15m for entire contract.

And they have spent WAY more than that on players recently, so I'm not sure why you would say "maybe that money they are getting from Nike can finally put toward players."

Archived