2014-15 Soccer Kits & News (too early? nah)

Conrad.

Oh Lord no. I just imagined what Warrior might actually produce for a team with stripes. I thought this years away kit was bad too, imagine what Warrior may produce after seeing Liverpool and Sevilla's away and 3rd shirts over the past few years.

peter-crouch-stoke.jpg

Leaked-images-of-the-Liverpool-201314-awliverpool-third-shirt-2012-13.jpg

Of course, from a business point of view this sounds very good for Stoke who are definitely not one of the bigger market teams in the prem. A certain improvement over being essentially an Adidas teamwear team. A few things mentioned in the article sounds promising for them like the opportunity for bespoke products and working closely together.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What. Are you seriously suggesting that Warrior is an improvement over anyone? Have you seen what they've done to Liverpool?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

What. Are you seriously suggesting that Warrior is an improvement over anyone? Have you seen what they've done to Liverpool?
They have improved Liverpool's homes, the subtraction of the 3 stripes instantly makes them better, the aways and alts are out their but they are suppose to be so i dont really see a problem, especially when they wear their Reds 90% of the time

That's good to see Warrior getting another Premier League club on their contract list. But I'm kind of trepidacious with respect to what Warrior will release in stripes. I'm not a real fan of the Liverpool away and third kits (all I can say is OMG when I first saw them) and hoping they do a better job on Stoke's kit.

Both of Liverpool's home kits under Warrior have been very classy. I expect the same to be true for Stoke. The second and third jerseys are another matter, but I appreciate Warrior thinking outside the box. And Liverpool's kits from this season have really grown on me over time.

As a LFC season ticket holder for 20 years have to say I am one loves warrior as our kit maker. Was worried at first but they seem to keep it classic and simple for the home which we all like then a bit more adventurous for the away. They certainly are more aimed for a younger market than old generation but as a young person myself I love them. I'm sick of Adidas and puma trialling out the same old garbage for every team template after template! Warrior at least is unique! Plus they gave us shed load of money and unlike united and Nike we are in control of all our merch and as such will be opening LFC stores in Asia soon if we went with Nike this wouldn't be possible. They three kits next year look very good especially the third. People moan but once we actually playin them and win people like them and knowing people from club shop we have sold allot more kits under warrior than Adidas. Helps when we brought back the golden Liverbird and got new owners mind :)

I like how Liverpool's crest has gone back to the original logo they used for years. It's nice to have the connection to the club's history. And they still put the flames with 96 on the back below the collar, even though the Hillsborough groups were up in arms when they released the new kits and they were now on the back vice the front. Saying that the club didn't consult all the Hillsborough groups.

I like how Liverpool's crest has gone back to the original logo they used for years. It's nice to have the connection to the club's history. And they still put the flames with 96 on the back below the collar, even though the Hillsborough groups were up in arms when they released the new kits and they were now on the back vice the front. Saying that the club didn't consult all the Hillsborough groups.

ya i feel the current way of doing it is much better, their current crest is much simpler and last crest was way too busy

It'll be interesting to see if Warrior replicate the actual Stoke crest on the kits or go to something more "simple" like they have with Sevilla and Liverpool.

Also, count me as a fan of Stoke no longer being on the "stock Adidas striped shirt template" along with Sunderland, Hull, West Brom, etc.

6fQjS3M.png

It'll be interesting to see if Warrior replicate the actual Stoke crest on the kits or go to something more "simple" like they have with Sevilla and Liverpool.

Also, count me as a fan of Stoke no longer being on the "stock Adidas striped shirt template" along with Sunderland, Hull, West Brom, etc.

Whilst I can't speak for the other two clubs, our deal with Adidas ends this summer so that's at least one other team who won't be sporting the stock Adidas striped shirt next season.

Whilst I can't speak for the other two clubs, our deal with Adidas ends this summer so that's at least one other team who won't be sporting the stock Adidas striped shirt next season.

Any clue on who's coming in? Possibly going back to Umbro, or someone new?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Any clue on who's coming in? Possibly going back to Umbro, or someone new?

Nothing cast iron, but I've heard from a couple of guys I know with good connections that we were in advanced talks with Umbro late last year - that's round the time orders would have had to have been put in for kits for 2014-15.

That would be excellent news.

It would certainly be brilliant to have the double diamonds back on our shirts - although with the ongoing 'rebrand' debacle I'm dreading to think what we'll be seeing on the other side of the chest...

What kit manufacturer is Hull City going to next season?

On a side note Jaffa, how are Hull City supporters reacting to the FA council's recommnedation of not allowing your owner to change the name from Hull City to Hull Tigers? Is there still protests going on both at matches and around Hull?

That would be excellent news.

It would certainly be brilliant to have the double diamonds back on our shirts - although with the ongoing 'rebrand' debacle I'm dreading to think what we'll be seeing on the other side of the chest...

I think the double diamonds would look sharp on Huill's kits. Also hoping Arsenal would go to Umbro but we just signed out long standing deal with Puma.

On a side note Jaffa, how are Hull City supporters reacting to the FA council's recommnedation of not allowing your owner to change the name from Hull City to Hull Tigers? Is there still protests going on both at matches and around Hull?

Just a brief aside, obviously we don't want to derail talk from next season's polyester delights…

The FA Members Committee has indeed made their recommendation that the FA Council reject the proposed name change when they vote on the matter on 9th April. That doesn't guarantee they will, but it would be remarkable if they ignored the recommendation of their own Committee.

The Allams have responded with bluster and threats, saying stuff like they'll sell the club, walk away and leave us in the lurch, and/or ramp up season pass prices next season. And now, finally, they say we're having a ballot of season pass holders on the issue next week. We're anticipating a very loaded question, and unfortunately their tactics over the last few weeks do seem to have worked to a degree on some fans.

However, you'll be hard-pressed to find folk who are totally in favour of the change - just those who seem prepared to go along with it through fear of what will happen if the Allams leave, or whose priority is the club being in the Premier League at all costs (changing the name will, they believe, bring in revenue that will all but guarantee we'll stay in the division beyond this season). None the less, there are signs that it's starting to turn fan against fan.

I make mention of not knowing what'll be on the shirt next season as we've used, by my reckoning, four different versions of the crest this year - the latest is just the Tiger's head in isolation, no wording at all. The name 'Hull City' has all but been airbrushed out at the ground - it's not on the scoreboard or the PA guy's script, and only appears in the programme where absolutely necessary.

In short, it's a bloody mess and a total embarrassment.

Arsenal to Umbro would have been spectacular, but I suspect they couldn't meet the bid, and now we're stuck with Puma. Maybe in five years.

I don't think Umbro is in the shape to get the really big deals - either financially or in terms of their resources. Clubs like Everton are probably the top end of what we'll see for the time being whilst they rebuild themselves.

In time though, it would indeed be fantastic to see them back with some of the top-end clubs.

Hull name change discussion

Well hey, at least you are not in Cardiff's position as a club - who actually went through a major rebrand in a bid to make the club more marketable.

Looking like they will go down, no faith in the previous management regime and no real backing of the current regime in the transfer market by Tan - unlike Hull who managed to sign Jelavic and Long who will no doubtedly keep Hull up this season.

Hopefully the rhetoric from the Allams is just throwing their toys out of the pram and not actual threats. I would also like to know what the punishment is for breaking the FA and Premier League's media/marketing rules in case that actually happens.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Archived