2014-15 Soccer Kits & News (too early? nah)

Conrad.

Agreed about Umbro and the biggest clubs. Hope that they've been able to re-establish themselves by the time the 5-year Puma contract runs out.

Sorry for your mess. How's ownership other than that? That is, if they're able to increase rfevenues will they use the money wisely, or is this a case of them being bad stewards all around?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Red certainly doesn't seem to have been too lucky a colour for Cardiff City this season, marble.

Agreed about Umbro and the biggest clubs. Hope that they've been able to re-establish themselves by the time the 5-year Puma contract runs out.

Sorry for your mess. How's ownership other than that? That is, if they're able to increase rfevenues will they use the money wisely, or is this a case of them being bad stewards all around?

This issue aside, in general they've actually done pretty well. There are justifiable concerns about the debt they've put the club in - the money they're said to have 'gifted' the club is actually a series of loans from one of their companies, and if they were to sell they'd clearly want this back.

In terms of changing the name bringing in revenue, there's serious doubt that there's any truth in what they're claiming. The documentation the Allams gave to the FA doesn't support this argument, and all the stakeholders the FA have consulted - including the Premier League, Football League and the local County FA - have apparently stated they can't see any clear business case behind the proposal either. And it mustn't be forgotten that by his own admission the root of this is Assem Allam's falling out with Hull City Council, not trying to attract sponsors and investment by having a fancy moniker.

Personally, I've tried to keep the naming issue and the ownership separate in my mind - as most supporters have, as has the City Till We Die campaign. But to be honest the last few weeks have brought things to a head and a year's worth of lies, insults and threats have been exacerbated by tactics clearly designed to turn the club's supporters against one another. That's totally unacceptable, and my feeling at this point in time is that I won't be sad to see the back of them.

Incidentally, our first match after the FA vote and make public their decision is our FA Cup semi-final - at Wembley, home of the FA. Could be an interesting occasion. ;)

Arsenal to Umbro would have been spectacular, but I suspect they couldn't meet the bid, and now we're stuck with Puma. Maybe in five years.

Arsenal would only go with Umbro after the Puma deal if they get 30m or higher from them...I would love to see the white double diamond on the red home kits.

As with Cardiff City, what is the current situation with Tan giving out bonuses to the players if they stay up the Premier League? Last I heard Tan was warned that he will be under investigation due to him not informing the FA and the Premier League of these new bonuses in August.

How did Tan and Allam pass the "Fit to be an Owner" test. I know the name changed recently but I can't remember the new name for the test.

Meanwhile, Brighton and Hove Albion will be switching to Nike next season, ending a 15 year association with Errea.

I guess loyalty means nothing nowadays for clubs but the almighty dollar from big sponsors and manufacturers. But that is the state of football in the 21st century. But I have believe that is one of the longest standing club and kit manufacturer partnerships in English football, at least below the Premier League

Did we know that Chicago was going to wear navy shorts with their new shirts?

0.jpg

It might have just been a clash thing, but I saw that their mascot was also wearing them.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Did we know that Chicago was going to wear navy shorts with their new shirts?

0.jpg

It might have just been a clash thing, but I saw that their mascot was also wearing them.

Well, looks good though. But I don't like navy shorts for them.

Rosenborg:

rosenborg-nouveau-maillot-2014.jpeg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Meanwhile, Brighton and Hove Albion will be switching to Nike next season, ending a 15 year association with Errea.

I guess loyalty means nothing nowadays for clubs but the almighty dollar from big sponsors and manufacturers. But that is the state of football in the 21st century. But I have believe that is one of the longest standing club and kit manufacturer partnerships in English football, at least below the Premier League

Nottingham Forest and Umbro hooked up in the mid-1980s and that deal lasted until last summer, so not too far off 30 years in that case. But at a time when most kit contracts outside of the biggest clubs last only three or four years Brighton's 15 with Errea is something of a rarity.

What was up with Hull City vs West Brom on the weekend? WBA's red third kit against amber-clad Hull City? The blue/white home stripes would have been less of a clash...

I'm getting frustrated with these poor kit choices!!

_73749237_long_getty.jpg

liverpool-1.png

Archived