2014-15 Soccer Kits & News (too early? nah)

Conrad.

What was up with Hull City vs West Brom on the weekend? WBA's red third kit against amber-clad Hull City? The blue/white home stripes would have been less of a clash...

I'm getting frustrated with these poor kit choices!!

_73749237_long_getty.jpg

I didn't have any problems picking out who was who from the stands, but it isn't the best combination. We wore our home kit when we visited the Hawthorns earlier in the season so you'd think a repeat here would be fine - I'm guessing West Brom have white alternative shorts as in previous seasons so that would have helped matters even more.

Not too shabby!

stoke-city-new-kit-warrior-2015.jpegnew-away-kit-warrior-2015-stoke-city.jpe

Blimey - for once, not too bad from Warrior.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was up with Hull City vs West Brom on the weekend? WBA's red third kit against amber-clad Hull City? The blue/white home stripes would have been less of a clash...

_73749237_long_getty.jpg

It's because Hull play in dark and light stripes. West Brom play in dark and light stripes and also dark shorts. This can affect a referee's judgement if there is a decision to make but having West Brom in red would reduce any such error. Also it might affect TV highlights for viewers on Match Of The Day. The red was the better option in this case.

glory10.png

_73749237_long_getty.jpg

I didn't have any problems picking out who was who from the stands, but it isn't the best combination. We wore our home kit when we visited the Hawthorns earlier in the season so you'd think a repeat here would be fine - I'm guessing West Brom have white alternative shorts as in previous seasons so that would have helped matters even more.

Not too shabby!

stoke-city-new-kit-warrior-2015.jpegnew-away-kit-warrior-2015-stoke-city.jpe

Blimey - for once, not too bad from Warrior.

Wow...Warrior did a good job those Stoke City kits. Bravo mates

Two nice looking kits for Stoke. Wouldn't mind to see some wacky 3rd kit though, Warrior style.

I wasn't expecting anything too crazy. While Liverpool does feature a pretty shocking clash and 3rd kit, how often have those actually taken the field? Liverpool usually stays in their reds. I think it was a solid marketing decision though, because I see people wearing those purple uniforms all the time down here in Florida. Half of them couldnt name 3 players on Liverpool i'm sure.

Atlético Paranaense Anniversary!

camisa-atletico-paranaense-90-anos-.jpegcamisa-especial-90-anos-Atle-tico-ParanaUMBRO-CAMISA-ESPECIAL-PARA-90-ANOS-ATLeT

That is rather lovely, although like Soarindude I'm not taken with the numbers. They've gone for a retro look but it just doesn't suit the shirt.

OMG, the future Adidas kits. MLS, be scared. :&

adidas-future-630-gram-kit.jpgADILAB1.jpg

http://therightwinger.co.za/2013/05/adidas-lab-innovation-experience/

'630 Gram Kit

adidas is changing the way football is played and this new kit is a vital part of that. Released in 2015, a full adidas team kit will weigh just 630g, including shirt, shorts, socks, shin pads and boots. The minimalistic vest-shaped top layer will only carry name and numbering. Beneath this players will wear a base layer that is fully integrated into the miCoach Elite team system.

The shorts are made from a four way stretch breathable lightweight woven fabric, while the shin pads are integrated into the lightweight compression sock. And using a framed composite skin construction and a light weight outsole, the boots will weigh just 99g each, making them the lightest football boots ever.'

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

'630 Gram Kit

adidas is changing the way football is played and this new kit is a vital part of that. Released in 2015, a full adidas team kit will weigh just 630g, including shirt, shorts, socks, shin pads and boots. The minimalistic vest-shaped top layer will only carry name and numbering. Beneath this players will wear a base layer that is fully integrated into the miCoach Elite team system.

The shorts are made from a four way stretch breathable lightweight woven fabric, while the shin pads are integrated into the lightweight compression sock. And using a framed composite skin construction and a light weight outsole, the boots will weigh just 99g each, making them the lightest football boots ever.'

reminds me of the power band from a few years back

'630 Gram Kit

The day kits like those become the norm is the day I announce my retirement from five-a-side.

'630 Gram Kit

This is the future of what soccer kits will look like in the near future. Can't say I am not excited for the change, maybe. I think this is a very interesting movement for soccer kits.

Archived