2014-15 Soccer Kits & News (too early? nah)

Conrad.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Cosmos added another ad (One World Sports) on the back of the jersey.

ny-cosmos-win-ayoze_chfs5nwedn4017kfuzem

CosmosOneWorldSports-Cosmos.jpg

I didn't notice until after the game but the Indy Eleven added a Indiana National Guard patch to the right sleeve. (they are a sponsor, this isn't a tribute)

WALTER-RAMIREZ-3.jpg?fit=658%2C9999

There doesn't appear to be a thread more suited to this, but here is part of the MLS/Atlanta invitation. Colors look to be red and gold. Does anyone else think the Atlanta text could be part of the crest? It looks specially designed and contrasts with every other bit of text on that invite.

24fl7hd.jpg

25ztc02.jpg

ng24o0.jpg

Off topic, but I'm disappointed ATL will be getting an MLS team. ATL can't even adequately draw for the Hawks/Braves/Falcons, why would they draw for the MLS? I think there are far better candidate cities out there.

https://twitter.com/jarred1886/status/455878887788904448

Possible new Arsenal shirt. I this is true, I would guess it's their rumoured red Europe shirt. Not sure why it has the EPL badging though. Who knows really.

If its correct then Puma are still using a 2011 Template which Tottenham was the only team to use that season before others were allowed a season later.

8oW9LiY.jpg

glory10.png

Possible new Arsenal shirt. I this is true, I would guess it's their rumoured red Europe shirt. Not sure why it has the EPL badging though. Who knows really.

If its correct then Puma are still using a 2011 Template which Tottenham was the only team to use that season before others were allowed a season later.

8oW9LiY.jpg

I don't know where that myth comes from, but EVERY DAMN Puma team wore that template for the 2010/2011 season.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

8oW9LiY.jpg

I don't know where that myth comes from, but EVERY DAMN Puma team wore that template for the 2010/2011 season.

Spurs wore it for the 2010-2011 season. Then for 2011-12 it was used by other teams.

glory10.png

That Arsenal kit is a knockoff as you can tell by the EPL patches. They are actual embroidered and sewn on not ironed lextra. That might be the actual Puma Arsenal kit but won't know until July when they actually release the kit in club store

Spurs wore it for the 2010-2011 season. Then for 2011-12 it was used by other teams.

Spurs were not the only team to wear it during the 2010-11 season though, although it was more widely used in the 2011-12 season.

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/1011-stade-rennais-home-third-shirts_7266

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/10/11-Kits/hoffenheim-2010-2011-puma-football-kits.html

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/10/11-Kits/young-boys-2010-2011-puma-football-shirts.html

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

There doesn't appear to be a thread more suited to this, but here is part of the MLS/Atlanta invitation. Colors look to be red and gold. Does anyone else think the Atlanta text could be part of the crest? It looks specially designed and contrasts with every other bit of text on that invite.

24fl7hd.jpg

25ztc02.jpg

ng24o0.jpg

Off topic, but I'm disappointed ATL will be getting an MLS team. ATL can't even adequately draw for the Hawks/Braves/Falcons, why would they draw for the MLS? I think there are far better candidate cities out there.

That was my exact thought too. Atlanta is infamous for not supporting teams. Not sure why the MLS would risk a failure. Is Atlanta even a good soccer community?

There's apparently a large youth soccer scene in Georgia. Remains to be seen if the Atlanta Blanks can tap into it as a fanbase for a professional team.

But yeah, not a great sports market. The only reason this is on the table is Arthur Blank's need to fill offseason dates in his shiny new stadium.

As a Knoxvillian, I'm glad ATL is getting an MLS franchise, so I can be a 3 hour drive from a game, but yeah, I fear attendance won't be great and they'll be basement dwellers in the MLS. Maybe Blank will get inspired by TFC and buy his way to some success with high-profile players to garner interest.

As a Knoxvillian, I'm glad ATL is getting an MLS franchise, so I can be a 3 hour drive from a game, but yeah, I fear attendance won't be great and they'll be basement dwellers in the MLS. Maybe Blank will get inspired by TFC and buy his way to some success with high-profile players to garner interest.

It's hard to be a basement dweller with the likes of Chivas USA in your league.

Chivas US will be long gone by then - the name is retiring after this year and they're looking for a new owner already.

By the time Atlanta comes in we have every expectation that LA will have two competitive teams. At the very least, the automatic doormat will be gone.

Chivas US will be long gone by then - the name is retiring after this year and they're looking for a new owner already.

By the time Atlanta comes in we have every expectation that LA will have two competitive teams. At the very least, the automatic doormat will be gone.

I'd hope so.

So, any idea on what Atlanta will do with their naming? Will they go European or go with the American name? From the few times I have been to Atlanta, I cant imagine the team really getting behind a 'European' name. I can't really think of any good names for Atlanta, other than using the Silverbacks identity. Unfortunately, that'll never happen.

Archived