2014-15 Soccer Kits & News (too early? nah)

Conrad.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As expected the new owners have changed the name of Melbourne Heart to Melbourne City. The home kit is the Manchester third kit from last year with the traditional red and white serving as the away strip. The new logo uses the city flag with design elements from Manchester, Melbourne and New York being incorporated. The club also managed to get David Villa for a ten game stint.

00090757-leadimage.jpg

315534-6e8ab48e-ec5b-11e3-bb45-046f3d36a

Old Logo

MelbournHeartLogo.png

Haven't seen these posted yet β€” possible leak of new third kit for Arsenal from Puma, courtesy the Daily Mail:

article-0-1E79CF5C00000578-435_634x608.j

And also a possible home kit leak/prototype:

article-2604452-1D1D790800000578-91_634x

Typical report from the Daily Fail. The home kit is an old template mocked up and I am laughing that the rag of a newspaper have fallen for it. All they do is trawl the web for exclusives without doing any proper reports.

This is what the proper kit leaks are supposed to look like.

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2013/10/arsenal-14-15-2014-15-puma-home-kit.html

glory10.png

As expected the new owners have changed the name of Melbourne Heart to Melbourne City. The home kit is the Manchester third kit from last year with the traditional red and white serving as the away strip. The new logo uses the city flag with design elements from Manchester, Melbourne and New York being incorporated. The club also managed to get David Villa for a ten game stint.

00090757-leadimage.jpg

315534-6e8ab48e-ec5b-11e3-bb45-046f3d36a

Old Logo

MelbournHeartLogo.png

Didn't they already shoot this down? I remember someone posting that no changes to the home kit be made because they already have a team in sky blue.

km3S7lo.jpg

Β 

Zqy6osx.png

Β 

Western Sydney never should have been allowed to do that in the first place. Having red/black stripes as primary and red/white stripes as change is dumb.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded |Β Behance portfolio

Β 

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

So judging by the away shirt will Western Sydney change their second jerseys?

I doubt it the jersey is very popular with fans and I assume when MC and WS face each other they will both just wear their home kits. I also doubt that the white home kit is a long term plan as it conflicts with the rest of the identity and just seems like any easy stopgap solution before they weasel themselves into being able to wear a blue home.

Union Jack patterning? Hmm.

Meanwhile, it looks like Adidas will be putting a few teams out in sashes next season. Middlesbrough have unveiled their new home effort...

middlesbrough-2014-2015-adidas-home-foot

...as have West Ham with their new away kit.

west-ham-united-2014-2015-adidas-away-fo

Interestingly, the Boro kit is very similar to that of an old rival of theirs - Middlesbrough Ironopolis - who sported red shirts with a white sash back in the 1890s. 2014 is the 120th anniversary of that team being wound up, so I wonder if the choice of this template is a bit of a nod to the Nops?

They switched to adidas and right after that they disappeared. Actually I think the last Errea kit didn't have it either. To me it was a signature look that should have been kept.

km3S7lo.jpg

Β 

Zqy6osx.png

Β 

Archived