2014-15 Soccer Kits & News (too early? nah)

Conrad.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They switched to adidas and right after that they disappeared. Actually I think the last Errea kit didn't have it either. To me it was a signature look that should have been kept.

It's a design they use for spells every once in a while, and a couple of the Adidas shirts used it. I think it's a great look and one you don't see used that much in England, so it's pretty distinctive. Shame we don't see more of it.

It was Jack Charlton who introduced the band back in the early 1970s. There's a story that he wanted Boro to play in white to emulate Leeds United, and a white band ended up being used as a compromise - I don't know if there's any truth in that tale, though.

Really underwhelming Celtic kits, either go full tartan, or don't go tartan at all.

I just think Warrior now picks a team to :censored: with every year. Looks like it's Porto's turn. Can't wait to see what they have in store for Stoke in 15/16.

I'm really hoping someone that wears adidas picks the shirts with the 3 stripes at the cuff just to be different from everyone else. I don't have a pic but it's in the teamwear section at prodirectsoccer.com. I was really hoping Columbus would wear it but apparently it's only available in Europe and not the USA.

That being said, Sunderland looks good and since those ugly inserts weren't in the adidas catalog for 2014-2015 teamwear they may make only limited appearances this year as a third shirt for some of the adidas teams.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'm really hoping someone that wears adidas picks the shirts with the 3 stripes at the cuff just to be different from everyone else. I don't have a pic but it's in the teamwear section at prodirectsoccer.com. I was really hoping Columbus would wear it but apparently it's only available in Europe and not the USA.

As I understand it that shirt's a bit of a budget option - if we see it it might be in the lower leagues rather than a Premier League or Championship club.

That blows! I like it because its wrapped around the cuff instead of hanging down the sleeve. I like looking a little bit different, especially since there are how many teams wearing adidas this year?

Chelsea

Sunderland

Swansea City

Southampton (?)

West Ham

West Bromwich Albion

So six teams and only one will have a distinctive look for their second and third choice shirts. The rest will color in the teamwear uniforms. So six teams swapping out between three shirt designs and they all share some design element between themselves and another team.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Southampton have ditched Adidas, and Chelsea don't turn out in regular templates - we might be looking at a Brentford third or something to see this template.

Five Ace Points to whoever records the first sighting of it on a UK pitch. ;)

So what are Celtic wearing away to Hibs? Oh looks like they need a third kit... cha-ching!

Only if they are drawn against each other in the cup competitions as Hibs were relegated last season.

glory10.png

Archived