2014-15 Soccer Kits & News (too early? nah)

Conrad.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes that was it...though I was seeing some tweets from @FourFourTweet showing photos of Cazorla (in away kit), Arteta (in home kit) and Monreal (in third kit) prior to the live launch. was hoping for that.

But here they are

2e5urft.jpg

Not crazy about any of them.... but I do like the darker shade of blue on the yellow kit.

I know Arsenal has not released their new kits. It's not until July 10. But people think, including on this Board, that the all white kits posted on Arsenal.com is the official kits.

The Arsenal Ladies played a Continental Cup home match v Chelsea on Sunday. Puma made a one off kit for them to wear during the match due to the partnership taking affect July 1. If this is any indication, I am looking forward to the new kits.zuwhv.jpg

The Metro web site displayed Arsenal catalog pages that confirm these. Only part I don't like is the white stripes on the front of the shirts.

These are only a one-off kits for the Arsenal Ladies, no way are they the actual Arsenal kits. They are getting unveiled and released on July 10th 11pm BST.

Cuffs are a little different but the ugly shoulders look the same.

So after looking at a couple photos, Arsenal's crest appears to be made out of metal (or shiny resin, I suppose) on these shirts

10464069_10152117975001682_902823933054910527846_10152351006557713_7183182788595

Those are the best two examples I could find. So is this a trick to make the photos look better or a ridiculous addition to the actual kits?

EDIT: Just looked at the Arsenal shop and the gold on the logo is indeed some kind of material polished metallic. Interesting.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

No matter how you look at it, the kits are very nicely done for Arsenal. They incorporate the club's history in the kits (especially the yellow and blue away kits) and bring new elements into the Arsenal fold with Puma touches. Yes the belly shirts and baggy shorts look a little out of place, but I myself like the end result. It doesn't look rushed, some time and effort was put into the design of the kits. As well, the Arsenal crest on the kits are made of have a polished metallic look to them. Which is another step up from the Nike kits. I like the overall look of them.

I just ordered my personalized home kit (Ozil #11 on the back with BPL patches on the sleeves) and generic away kit from Arsenal Direct. Could not buy these kits.

Not a fan at all of the Arsenal homes. IMO they're the worst since those jerseys that just had the stripe down the sleeve.

I do like the blue kit though.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

And here's the actual photo taken of Cazorla, Arteta and Flamini at the press launch of the new kits...

301q3ok.jpg

Normally not impressed with Puma's templates...I'm so-so on these but I am really digging that Third kit!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

"What does that mean? Because I think these are very mediocre for Arsenal. Not the worst they've had in recent decades, but not nearly as nice as the average Nike kit."

The Nike kits were getting repetitive and bland in the last few years Arsenal was with them. Yes the 125th anniversary kits were nice but last years and the year before the 125 kits were horrid. It gets a point when no new ideas come flowing out of a manufacturer and they start reusing previous ideas trying to re-invent the brand and style. I myself am happy that Arsenal is now with Puma. These kits that got unveiled today by far exceeds what Arsenal has to put up with the last few seasons.

Now I am a fan of the Arsenal kits of when Wrighty, Henry, Bergkamp, played for them in the late 1990's and early 2000's. Even the year of The Invincibles (2003/04)those Nike O2 kits were spot on!

16knlhs.jpg

2uff701.jpg

The one above from the 2000/01 season, very nice indeed.

And the 2007 kits where beautiful...

nyu4wj.jpg

Arsenal's 2008/09 kits were atrocious in my mind and they started going downhill from there.

4lftqr.jpg

Archived