2014-15 Soccer Kits & News (too early? nah)

Conrad.

So Nike has list two of its three highest-profile clubs in one of the highest-profile leagues in the world.

Wonder if they'll make a play for Chelsea when their Adidas contract is up. And of course I'm hoping they bid on a growing MLS for 2019.

Letting Arsenal and ManU get away, I have to think they're pretty much getting out of the soccer jersey scene.

I doubt that. I think Adidas just threw the kitchen sink at them and Nike didn't want to sell the farm. No one team is worth sinking the ship over. I wouldn't be surprised to see Nike go all in to get MLS. Maybe it just me but if the team practicing right next to my corporate HQ was wearing a different brand that would tick me off. (TImbers)

Adidas America is based out of Beaverton too

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Nike has list two of its three highest-profile clubs in one of the highest-profile leagues in the world.

Wonder if they'll make a play for Chelsea when their Adidas contract is up. And of course I'm hoping they bid on a growing MLS for 2019.

Letting Arsenal and ManU get away, I have to think they're pretty much getting out of the soccer jersey scene.
They are not going out. They signed a 10 year contract with Red Bull Salzburg and RB Leipzig.

I doubt that. I think Adidas just threw the kitchen sink at them and Nike didn't want to sell the farm. No one team is worth sinking the ship over. I wouldn't be surprised to see Nike go all in to get MLS. Maybe it just me but if the team practicing right next to my corporate HQ was wearing a different brand that would tick me off. (TImbers)

Adidas America is based out of Beaverton too

Or Portland.

Edit: Which I know are right next to each other.

Maybe along the lines of the NFL, where they have subdivided caps, tshirts and other merchandise. But kits? In a single-entity league? I don't see it anytime soon. Certainly not 2019.

Off-topic, I know, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that MLS won't be single entity at some point in time in the somewhat-near future. Wishful thinking, I know, but IMO the sport in the US (at this point or sometime soon) would be better with it decentralized.

6fQjS3M.png

Maybe along the lines of the NFL, where they have subdivided caps, tshirts and other merchandise. But kits? In a single-entity league? I don't see it anytime soon. Certainly not 2019.

Off-topic, I know, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that MLS won't be single entity at some point in time in the somewhat-near future. Wishful thinking, I know, but IMO the sport in the US (at this point or sometime soon) would be better with it decentralized.

That would be nice, but I seriously doubt that will happen. The other major professional leagues in the US are all single entity when it comes to the on-field uniforms: NFL=Nike, NBA=Adidas, MLB=Majestic, NHL=Reebok. So the MLS being single-entity just carries this on.

z9e0rqit393ojiizsemd0t1hx.gif74937881997.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)North Carolina Tar Heels (2015 - Pres)

Does anyone know anything about Everton's clash or alternate kits or when they plan on releasing them? I'm pretty sure I'm jumping on the Toffies bandwagon this year and I'm kinda getting antsy waiting to see what umbro does with their other kit/kits.

Love the new home kit, though.

They are not going out. They signed a 10 year contract with Red Bull Salzburg and RB Leipzig.

Nike's playing something of a futures game here. They seem OK to lose ManU, especially at the price Adidas paid, and Arsenal because they view Man City and PSG as the next two A-list teams. It's not a one-for-one replacement, certainly, but the brand is known for ditching the old and expected for the new and unexpected. It does it with athletes, it does the same with clubs.

Does anyone know anything about Everton's clash or alternate kits or when they plan on releasing them? I'm pretty sure I'm jumping on the Toffies bandwagon this year and I'm kinda getting antsy waiting to see what umbro does with their other kit/kits.

There's been nothing official yet on their away or third, and I've not seen any leaks either.

Umbro have been pretty watertight about the new Hull City kits as well. However, our pre-season gets underway in (checks watch) about two and a half hours time when our youth team play a local non-League side, so it's going to be interesting to see what they'll be wearing...

Love the new home kit, though.

Lots of reports it's going to be white with a purple trim. The team are in Austria at the moment and have revealed a purple training kit today. Perhaps a reversed version of this

zp_FT0G1453_7523.jpg

logo.png

Nike's playing something of a futures game here. They seem OK to lose ManU, especially at the price Adidas paid, and Arsenal because they view Man City and PSG as the next two A-list teams. It's not a one-for-one replacement, certainly, but the brand is known for ditching the old and expected for the new and unexpected. It does it with athletes, it does the same with clubs.

My thoughts exactly. Nike is pretty good at guessing which teams are going to be good when and capitalizing on it (and not just in soccer). Quite the steal for Nike to not have to pay ManUtd 70M and get City for what they did. Sure, it isn't the same but the return on investment will be much better.

This may not be the right thread.....

But does anybody know the proper sizing for these soccer jerseys? I am looking at getting either last years Nike Arsenal jersey or this years Puma Arsenal kit.

I normally wear a size large in American t-shirts but had to get XXL for t-shirts when I bought some soccer stuff in Italy earlier this year. I especially wouldn't want the Puma kit to be too tight fitting.

Thanks!

Archived