2014-15 Soccer Kits & News (too early? nah)

Conrad.

This might help you out - sizes for the various big name manufacturers. Fittings do vary a bit from year to year but it should act as a guide at least.

Bear in mind that player style shirts tend to be a bit tighter, and Puma tend to go a tad tighter than most. If in doubt, I'm sure your chosen retailer will be able to advise you if you drop them an email.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This might help you out - sizes for the various big name manufacturers. Fittings do vary a bit from year to year but it should act as a guide at least.

Bear in mind that player style shirts tend to be a bit tighter, and Puma tend to go a tad tighter than most. If in doubt, I'm sure your chosen retailer will be able to advise you if you drop them an email.

Awesome!

Thanks for the link.

So Nike has list two of its three highest-profile clubs in one of the highest-profile leagues in the world.

Wonder if they'll make a play for Chelsea when their Adidas contract is up. And of course I'm hoping they bid on a growing MLS for 2019.

Letting Arsenal and ManU get away, I have to think they're pretty much getting out of the soccer jersey scene.
They are not going out. They signed a 10 year contract with Red Bull Salzburg and RB Leipzig.

Nike's playing something of a futures game here. They seem OK to lose ManU, especially at the price Adidas paid, and Arsenal because they view Man City and PSG as the next two A-list teams. It's not a one-for-one replacement, certainly, but the brand is known for ditching the old and expected for the new and unexpected. It does it with athletes, it does the same with clubs.

My thoughts exactly. Nike is pretty good at guessing which teams are going to be good when and capitalizing on it (and not just in soccer). Quite the steal for Nike to not have to pay ManUtd 70M and get City for what they did. Sure, it isn't the same but the return on investment will be much better.

If that's true, I think they seriously misread Arsenal. They're jumping off just when the Gunners are looking to compete again.

This may not be the right thread.....

But does anybody know the proper sizing for these soccer jerseys? I am looking at getting either last years Nike Arsenal jersey or this years Puma Arsenal kit.

I normally wear a size large in American t-shirts but had to get XXL for t-shirts when I bought some soccer stuff in Italy earlier this year. I especially wouldn't want the Puma kit to be too tight fitting.

Thanks!

Remember that European (not UK) sizes run one bigger than their UK and American counterparts, so an XXL in Europe is like an XL to us.

As far as Nike kits go, I wear XL and they fit pretty well—but an XL t-shirt's a little loose on me more often than not. Puma shirts are slightly bigger to wear but not much.

I think you'd be fine with either L or XL though.

6fQjS3M.png

Finally a glimpse of Newcastle Home kit...another miss by Puma IMO.

NUFC-Home-Strip-2014.15.jpg

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

A miss, indeed. Newcastle should always have just vertical stripes and nothing else. That patch of black looks horrible. Just look above at Juventus. That's how Newcastle should always look as well.

The new Hull City kit will be unveiled this Friday we've just learnt, and they've put out a teaser image...

BsqykI4IQAAHXgk_zps5ec3c23f.jpg

Funnily enough, that's pretty much how I see without my glasses on...

How is gray considered a clash kit for a team that wears black and white stripes?

It's not so much about having a kit to contrast with your own home shirt but that of other teams. If their away was red (let's hypothetically discount the rivalry with Sunderland) then they couldn't wear their home or away against the red and white stripes of Southampton and Sunderland. This grey kit would be OK against either.

I think obviously they are going to have a third shirt to be worn against teams who play in white.

The new Hull City kit will be unveiled this Friday we've just learnt, and they've put out a teaser image...

Looks like all amber socks and sleeves. Not sure how I feel about that. Mainly indifferent if I am honest.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

So Nike has list two of its three highest-profile clubs in one of the highest-profile leagues in the world.

Wonder if they'll make a play for Chelsea when their Adidas contract is up. And of course I'm hoping they bid on a growing MLS for 2019.

Letting Arsenal and ManU get away, I have to think they're pretty much getting out of the soccer jersey scene.
They are not going out. They signed a 10 year contract with Red Bull Salzburg and RB Leipzig.

Nike's playing something of a futures game here. They seem OK to lose ManU, especially at the price Adidas paid, and Arsenal because they view Man City and PSG as the next two A-list teams. It's not a one-for-one replacement, certainly, but the brand is known for ditching the old and expected for the new and unexpected. It does it with athletes, it does the same with clubs.

My thoughts exactly. Nike is pretty good at guessing which teams are going to be good when and capitalizing on it (and not just in soccer). Quite the steal for Nike to not have to pay ManUtd 70M and get City for what they did. Sure, it isn't the same but the return on investment will be much better.

If that's true, I think they seriously misread Arsenal. They're jumping off just when the Gunners are looking to compete again.

Easy to say now, but think about what Arsenal looked like when that decision was made.

A miss, indeed. Newcastle should always have just vertical stripes and nothing else. That patch of black looks horrible. Just look above at Juventus. That's how Newcastle should always look as well.

That also looks to be the same style as Arsenal's home shirt, based on the shoulders. So much for a unique look for your biggest club, eh Puma.

How is gray considered a clash kit for a team that wears black and white stripes?

It's not so much about having a kit to contrast with your own home shirt but that of other teams. If their away was red (let's hypothetically discount the rivalry with Sunderland) then they couldn't wear their home or away against the red and white stripes of Southampton and Sunderland. This grey kit would be OK against either.

I think obviously they are going to have a third shirt to be worn against teams who play in white.

Looks like all amber socks and sleeves. Not sure how I feel about that. Mainly indifferent if I am honest.

Yep, definitely plain sleeves and the sponsor looks like it's going to be fairly obtrusive as well. Needless to say, it also carries Allam's new 'no name' crest.

I'll wait until the proper unveiling before I pass judgement, but I'm not anticipating my socks being blown off.

This may not be the right thread.....

But does anybody know the proper sizing for these soccer jerseys? I am looking at getting either last years Nike Arsenal jersey or this years Puma Arsenal kit.

I normally wear a size large in American t-shirts but had to get XXL for t-shirts when I bought some soccer stuff in Italy earlier this year. I especially wouldn't want the Puma kit to be too tight fitting.

Thanks!

Remember that European (not UK) sizes run one bigger than their UK and American counterparts, so an XXL in Europe is like an XL to us.

As far as Nike kits go, I wear XL and they fit pretty well—but an XL t-shirt's a little loose on me more often than not. Puma shirts are slightly bigger to wear but not much.

I think you'd be fine with either L or XL though.

Thanks for the help guys!

I just ordered an XL puma kit.

Easy to say now, but think about what Arsenal looked like when that decision was made.

You mean in good financial shape for the first time since the new stadium opened, and finally ready to spend money on transfers again? Anybody paying attention knew that Arsenal would be coming out of its shaky period right about now.

Archived