2014-15 Soccer Kits & News (too early? nah)

Conrad.

Atalanta: I really liked Errea's kits that were always studied for the team, but Nike templates aren't bad. Inter would actually look better if they wore this template instead of what Nike made for them. The away apparently has a gray to white gradient, but I can't see it, and it's too plain. At least that terrible Konica Minolta white patch is gone.

maglie-atalanta-2014-15.jpg

I'm glad someone decided to continue the 100+ year tradition of the black/blue stripes. Still upset Inter has ditched them.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Inter hasn't ditched them, just changed the width for a year or two.

Similar to what Barca did in 2008, when their traditional blue and maroon stripes took on a different interpretation:

LyonvBarcelonaUEFAChampionsLeague.jpg

I appreciate a little playing around with the format, especially since it'll be short-lived.

Inter hasn't ditched them, just changed the width for a year or two.

Similar to what Barca did in 2008, when their traditional blue and maroon stripes took on a different interpretation:

I appreciate a little playing around with the format, especially since it'll be short-lived.

1. Barca has occasionally worn halved shirts throughout their history. Inter has never won anything except blue and black stripes.

2. That Barca shirt does not make half of the teams colour scheme imperceptible

There's plenty of other things that could have been done to change. Put only three or four stripes on a shirt, change the shorts to blue, hell you can even have one color stripes noticeably thicker than the other. But you can't consider a black shirtwith minimal blue application as just a variation on blue and black stripes. Both Milan and Inter tried to make shirts that would be easy to sell, taking advantage of the Expo being in Milan this year

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Interesting, small tidbit: Bayern Munich are wearing the T-Mobile logo on their kits in Portland for tonight's MLS All Star Game, rather than the usual big T logo for Deutsche Telekom. Makes sense since that's Deutsche Telekom's only brand operating in the US.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Just glad no tinfoil numbers for the All Stars this year.

Agreed! Though this year's MLS All Star kits weren't that bad. It had a lot of elements of the city of Portland built into it. So it was a nice touch.

Any idea if you can purchase the All-Star kit with the club crest on the left sleeve like on-field players had on their kits?

Interesting note from the MLS ASG:
The goalie shirts didn't have the Bayern logo. I guess adidas took blank shirts and heat-pressed the T-Mo logo and player name & number. Sort of bush league from adidas.

Bub6_PJIMAEV2Ox.jpg

(Couldn't figure out how to embed the fancy legal Getty image embed. Regrets.)

Knowing how heated the Seattle/Portland rivalry is, I was surprised that the kits for the MLS all star game looked so similar to the Sounders away kits.

140323-obafemi-1500.jpg?itok=LeqfzCb115566124-standard.jpg

I thought that same thing. MLS likes the all-star kits to be in host team colors, but not the same color, so that threw out Timbers green. I suppose that's the logic. White would be too boring...?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Knowing how heated the Seattle/Portland rivalry is, I was surprised that the kits for the MLS all star game looked so similar to the Sounders away kits.

140323-obafemi-1500.jpg?itok=LeqfzCb115566124-standard.jpg

I thought that same thing. MLS likes the all-star kits to be in host team colors, but not the same color, so that threw out Timbers green. I suppose that's the logic. White would be too boring...?

What a silly policy. Why not use the host club's colors to give it more local flavor? I get that fluorescent is the "Color of the Moment" but I can't believe that anyone is buying All-Star replica shirts.

Coupled with Bayern's mess it was an aesthetic disaster of an all-star match.

Everton look very smart this year, loving all their kits. Love how all three looks are completely different and that the club crest is colored to coordinate with each one. They've taken their home kit and really dressed it up with a smart navy collar, very subtle hoops and navy socks - pure Everton but with a lot of nice touches, they've done black properly on the away kit and for the third they've taken very trendy colors with the purple and neon that others manufacturers have made into garish nightmares and used them stylishly with a sleek white top.

Absolute winning work from Umbro. Bravo. The only problem with such a great set is following it up for the next season.

Archived