2014-15 Soccer Kits & News (too early? nah)

Conrad.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Umbro have really knocked it out of the park with all their kit designs this season. I really kind of hope that the FA bows to tradition when the Nike deal expires and has Umbro partner with England again.

Unless Umbro is offering up the same amount of cash as Nike, then no chance.

The way Nike wanted the England deal was sneaky. Buy out Umbro. Take over. Sell Umbro.

I really hope Umbro come back strong as a kit maker as they and Admiral are two very good kit makers from the U.K.

glory10.png

Umbro have really knocked it out of the park with all their kit designs this season. I really kind of hope that the FA bows to tradition when the Nike deal expires and has Umbro partner with England again.

Oh I know. But a guy can dream. An England shirt without the double diamond to me looks as wrong as a Germany shirt without adidas stripes.

Oh I know. But a guy can dream. An England shirt without the double diamond to me looks as wrong as a Germany shirt without adidas stripes.

The German team actually had a big offer from Nike around 2007 or so. As far as I remember this offer included about two times the money that Adidas offered the DFB. But they still stayed.

(btw. it would have been nice to see what Nike would have done with Germany this World Cup 2014, with all the nice and simple classic looks ala Holland)

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Not a 14/15 kit release rather an interesting branding move. Warrior (Warrior Football) will be re-branded to New Balance in 15/16. New Balance is the existing parent company to Warrior.

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/20/report-warrior-football-to-be-re-branded-as-new-balance-in-201516/

Should be interesting to see how Warrior branded clubs are affected by this... Hopefully the re-brand produces better designs.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

That's very interesting. And after trying to make such a big splash; seems like an admission of failure there.

Warrior seemed to be marketing itself as the young, EXTREME company, while New Balance is something of a retro shoe brand. Wonder what that means for their designs?

That's very interesting. Warrior seemed to be marketing itself as the young, EXTREME company, while New Balance is something of a retro shoe brand. And after trying to make such a big splash; seems like an admission of failure there. Wonder what that means for their designs?

Equally interested. Hopefully they (NB) realized that the EXTREME, Lax-bro approach didn't work and wasn't embraced by fans. Hopefully they'll use NB moniker and create something more suited for the pitch and supporters alike.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

NB has always been known to have classic simple designs in their shoes and running apparel. I think this will be good for the clubs who are contracted with Warrior. With NB in charge now starting next season, a classic look on the pitch will come. First thing they should do is get rid of that hideous Warrior logo and use the NB logo

NB has always been known to have classic simple designs in their shoes and running apparel. I think this will be good for the clubs who are contracted with Warrior. With NB in charge now starting next season, a classic look on the pitch will come. First thing they should do is get rid of that hideous Warrior logo and use the NB logo

Probably depends on how well Warrior's broken-Nintendo aesthetic is selling. I've seen more of last year's Liverpool third kits on the backs of Americans than I'd care to.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

d9w2gufhalde8s8pindwwe81g.gif

Time to say goodbye to the boot and ball: next month, MLS will reportedly unveil a new logo for 2015 (just in time for the NYCFC shirts to be unveiled).

There's an image floating around the web, don't know if this is legit or not:

image_zpsce32a669.jpg

I won't miss the old one, but I do hope they keep the color scheme in any case. We don't need another RWB logo.

Other than the fact that England's best kit was made by Admiral, sure. ;)

england_kits_1980-83_home.jpg

6fQjS3M.png

Other than the fact that England's best kit was made by Admiral, sure. ;)

england_kits_1980-83_home.jpg

Admiral were fantastic during the late seventies and early eighties. Still one of my favourite kit makers.

glory10.png

Archived