2014-15 Soccer Kits & News (too early? nah)

Conrad.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quality of construction? Or design?

Material of the uniform. It's so thin and prone to damage it's absolutely ridiculous. I have 3 Adidas shirts (Whitecaps, Liverpool, Scotland) and they're miles ahead of nike as far as quality goes. Two of my Nike Celtic kits already have minor rips or deteriorating material. I can live with the Adidas stripes as long as they can maintain hoops going down the arms. Nike is just absolute garbage.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

I've not had any issues with my Nike jerseys. Adidas seems to change their sizing randomly and some of my old L shirts fir better than my XL shirts depending on which template it is. The worst kit I've had was Joma. The sleeves snag pretty easily. And that's not even the replicas.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Umbro have really knocked it out of the park with all their kit designs this season. I really kind of hope that the FA bows to tradition when the Nike deal expires and has Umbro partner with England again.

Unless Umbro is offering up the same amount of cash as Nike, then no chance.

Oh I know. But a guy can dream. An England shirt without the double diamond to me looks as wrong as a Germany shirt without adidas stripes.

Other than the fact that England's best kit was made by Admiral, sure. ;)

england_kits_1980-83_home.jpg

No, of England's best two kits, one didn't have a manufacturer logo:

PA-4326858.jpg

And the other was Umbro:

3119.jpg

Though that Admiral kit does take the bronze

I've always said nothing represents the history of one of the world's elite, Spanish-based football sporting clubs better than Asian-inspired dragons on a black background. I'm glad adidas finally listened to my pleas.

Finally...Bale, Ronaldo and Co. can play in a Champions League match, go directly to their private jet and fly to Ibiza and feel right at home in the douchiest clubs without having to change their shirts.

they took the all blacks 7s kit and swapped out the maori artwork with a dragon...probably took 30 minutes to design

Why, yes, I'm sure that dragon took only 30 minutes to draw.

Come on, man.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Why red numbers?

England always used red numbers for years. It was only really from the 2002 world cup that they went to Navy - if you count 1996 as a one off.

I just think the balance is better and it was something sort of unique to make England stand out from the other White/Navy countries. Right now, the US and England are pretty similar.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Archived