2014-15 Soccer Kits & News (too early? nah)

Conrad.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As nice as that kit looks, why does BVB insist on coming out with 8000 yellow kits every season? They're like the Oregon Ducks of soccer.

They actually 'only' reveal three home kits every season (they did this since 2003 or so). One regular home kit, one home kit for international games and one home kit for the winter (they wear these the whole december I think). I guess Dortmund got many fans who actually buy all three or even two of these every year. They make a lot of money out of it.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Despite Puma's nipple-poking-ly tight template, those really are gorgeous kits.

(But seriously, Puma. Some breathability, please. Watching teams wear Puma makes me claustrophobic.)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

(But seriously, Puma. Some breathability, please. Watching teams wear Puma makes me claustrophobic.)

Arsenal against Dortmund will be the tightest Champions League game ever! :P

Spoilered in case anybody is eating their breakfast or lunch:

Bun8p1pIYAASxdb.jpg

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Well, I thought for a minute I owed an apology for the Real Madrid CL kit with the dragons...dragons are a part of Spanish lore and I saw the post about the Barcelona dragons and thought... :censored:, maybe I overreacted and these two dragons on the Madrid kit really do have some deep meaning (even though they looked like Asian dragons to me).

Nope.

"Adidas and Real Madrid added that the mythical beasts originate from Eastern culture, which is unsurprising given Mr. Yamamoto’s roots and the desire of big European soccer clubs to build up support in the enormous market of Asia."

Better yet are the cleats:

Real Madrid and Adidas said Mr. Yamamoto drew inspiration from Japanese imperial lion dogs when he designed the adizero F50 cleats. Lion dogs are hardly renowned as great footballers, but their dribbling skills are probably pretty good.

BN-EH882_rmadri_G_20140829003704.jpg

If this is where football kits are headed...I'm afraid to see the future.

I just noticed something interesting about turkish soccer kits. It seems like the Turks love stripes. 15 of the 18 Süper Lig teams wear striped home kits. And the amount of striped kits goes to a similar direction in the second division.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Austrian club Sturm Graz looks nice this year.

sturm-graz-2014-2015-lotto-home-football

That is a bloody gorgeous shirt. I'm not familiar with Sturm Graz in general, so what color shorts/socks would tehy pair it with?

Also, hooped shirts are probably my favorite soccer design in general.

Austrian club Sturm Graz looks nice this year.

sturm-graz-2014-2015-lotto-home-football

That is a bloody gorgeous shirt. I'm not familiar with Sturm Graz in general, so what color shorts/socks would tehy pair it with?

Also, hooped shirts are probably my favorite soccer design in general.

Sturm wore several different kit styles over the years. Checkered, striped, monochrome. Mostly predominant black. So the shorts and socks will be black.

You've seen the Impact logo already, right?

You've also seen the Montreal city flag? And the flag of the province of Quebec?

Yeah, fleur-de-lis are kind of a big thing there.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived