2014-15 Soccer Kits & News (too early? nah)

Conrad.

Sorry. I didn't mean to post the News about the new 2015 Major League Soccer logo and how it might affect their kits in a thread titled "2014-15 Soccer Kits & News."

My bad. I'll go follow a thread I have no interest in following.

fart.

If you have no interest in following a thread about the new MLS logo, why would you post about it in another thread?

Specific threads exist for large unveilings so that people don't have to sift through a megathread of information to get to the most important pieces. It's long been protocol.

6fQjS3M.png

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't aware that such subjects couldn't also be at least touched on in the megathreads.

Seems kind of silly to make this thread "2014-15 Soccer Kits & News, Except for the Really Important Ones." I thought the idea was that everything goes in the megas, and then the individual threads was for people who didn't want to sort through 187 pages to learn about some specific changes.

Thirds or not, it's still lazy work and represents elevation of the brand above the club.

Well, the third jersey can not represent the identity of the club since it is not allowed to have any of the clubs primary colors. Show me one thirs jersey which really represents the identity of its club.

I wasn't aware that such subjects couldn't also be at least touched on in the megathreads.

Seems kind of silly to make this thread "2014-15 Soccer Kits & News, Except for the Really Important Ones." I thought the idea was that everything goes in the megas, and then the individual threads was for people who didn't want to sort through 187 pages to learn about some specific changes.

There's no real need to have the same exact discussion going on in two places when it's clear the discussion is already happening in the specific thread.

It keeps two threads at the top of the forum about the same topic instead of one, pushing a topic that's actually unique down the thread.

6fQjS3M.png

But by that logic, there can be no "NFL changes 2015" thread, since all the changes will be discussed in their own threads.

It's silly to prohibit even the briefest discussion of important league events on megathreads like this one.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, just trying to understand. Because I recall the announcement as being "you can also start separate threads for major announcements so people don't have to read the megathread", not "you cannot mention major announcements in the related megathread." There's a huge difference between the two.

Thirds or not, it's still lazy work and represents elevation of the brand above the club.

Well, the third jersey can not represent the identity of the club since it is not allowed to have any of the clubs primary colors. Show me one thirs jersey which really represents the identity of its club.

There's no specific prohibition against using club colors on a third. Sometimes they do. And sometimes second and third jerseys alike are way different. Almost every MLS third jersey utilizes club colors, for example. Besides, it's not so much the colors -- Man Utd having a dark royal blue third is perfectly normal -- as it is the templating that makes each kit stand out as Team Nike first and foremost.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

There's no specific prohibition against using club colors on a third. Sometimes they do. And sometimes second and third jerseys alike are way different. Almost every MLS third jersey utilizes club colors, for example. Besides, it's not so much the colors -- Man Utd having a dark royal blue third is perfectly normal -- as it is the templating that makes each kit stand out as Team Nike first and foremost.
Out of those the only color that isn't a normal kit color is Man U's purple kit. The rest are completely consistent with each teams brand

I think that because the discussion of the MLS logo started here before its thread, it's reasonable to at least have the picture on this thread as part of the whole 14-15 soccer kit changes "database" of a megathread. Someone might want to flip through this thread in a bit to see what/when changes were made and how we thought of them (either for research or for fun/nostalgia.) We don't have to talk for pages or even a couple posts about it, but removing the picture altogether was somewhat extreme. I've seen it happen smoothly before without any mod reaction.

Edit: For the Future People!

mls-new-logo.png?w=600

Anyone knows why Villarreal made their supplier logo unvisible yesterday with some tape?

kramer-villareal.jpg2,w=591,c=0.bild.jpg

It seems that they were told to do so by UEFA - Xtep's logo is apparently very similar to that of a German clothing brand who are claiming their trademark has been infringed upon, and are taking legal action accordingly.

Had Villarreal displayed the logo during last night's game in Germany, a large fine would have had to have been paid to the German company.

I like that:

ob_ab4403_newcastle-new-third-kit-2015.j

That looks nice!
Indeed...now just imagine a Newcastle Brown sponsor instead of Wonga...a man can dream can't he?

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Despite what the Mods think there was a lot of kit news that went along with the unveiling of the new MLS logo that will be in FIFA 15.

1) No more flag patches for MLS teams. The new MLS Crest in team specific colors will appear on both sides.

2) Orlando City will be in FIFA 15 with placeholder jerseys until the official unveil in Nov

3) NYCFC is not confirmed yet (that I know of) to be in FIFA 15 but their jerseys will be unveiled in November too.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Archived