Browns' FIrst Energy Stadium Renovations ('14, '15)

LEWJ

The Browns' recently renamed "First Energy Stadium" will undergo significant changes starting this offseason.

Sound system, video boards (nearly 3x the size of current), LED panels, escalators, seating and concession improvements, stadium graphics, etc.

http://brownsmodernization.optiemstaging.com/#about

03_interior_eastendzone.jpg

04_interior_westendzone.jpg

05_interior_eastsponsordecks.jpg

01_exterior_southeast.jpg

02_exterior_southwest.jpg

I thought this warranted a new thread. I think we all expect uniform changes in '15 as well.

Before/After slider is in the link if you wanna see side-by-sides.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I can watch the team break my heart on an even bigger screen!

All joking aside, I'll welcome the change but the first time I come after the renovations I'll probably look over and think, "Woah, that boards huge!"

(But I'm going to the Jags came in a couple of weeks so maybe I'll finally witness my second win in person watching the Brownies)

spacer.png

I can watch the team break my heart on an even bigger screen!

All joking aside, I'll welcome the change but the first time I come after the renovations I'll probably look over and think, "Woah, that boards huge!"

(But I'm going to the Jags came in a couple of weeks so maybe I'll finally witness my second win in person watching the Brownies)

You are talking about the Browns. No win is guaranteed.

Decrease by a few thousand, I believe. They're adding seats in the lower bowl but chopping out a high number of rows behind the end zones.

It's long overdue IMO.

This sounds accurate.

& I agree, the scoreboards, at the very least, are long overdue. But the sound system was pretty sub-par too. LED panels will be nice. I'm tired of looking at the old school boards with blown-out bulbs and one-color visiting team logos from probably '99...

Of COURSE concessions won't be ready til 2015, since in Cleveland apparently soft product can't be done simultaneously with hard upgrades like two brand new scoreboards and a complete renovation of the sound system.

It looks like the Discount Drug Mart, Pepsi, etc ads will be 5-6x the previous size.

Marketing ploy would be my guess.

Why not spread it out? Next year they can "sell" the scoreboard as the hot new thing, then 2015 they'll try to market the concessions as the hot new upgrade.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

72,000 going down to 68,000. Probably the only thing that disappoints me.

I think since the scoreboards are so much bigger, keeping them in the current location would have worked fine. While keeping most of the seating the same.

Archived