SI posts its 30 ugliest uniforms.....

Davidellias

It didn't say Bullets though, they are fantastic jerseys, but I believe they are referring to the Jordan era jerseys.

They clearly meant the Bullets uniforms. It's the same franchise.

Use process of elimination at least man, clearly he wasn't referring to the only other uniform set in Wizards history. If you had to guess, what would you think SI is talking about?? Maybe, just maybe, the Bullets uniforms that even you just referred to as "fantastic".

90758391980.gif

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I've ever seen a list like this where I disagreed with as many of the choices, either because I thought they looked decent (Padres, Bucs, Coyotes), or because they were one-offs (Canadiens).

Lost all credibility when it got to the Buccaneers orange. It's almost like these guys HAVE to put that one in there.

Ain't that the truth? I can understand it not being everyone's cup of tea, but there was nothing inherently "bad" about that uniform.

How did these monstrosities not make the list?

Fred-Jackson-1.jpg

Because yes, they're bad and terrible and horrible, but they don't make you want to completely poke your eyes out.

sig.png

2719063.jpg?w=668&h=1024

SI didn't even mention the Mavs' 'trash bags'. They are unquestionably ugly.

You'll like this: from November 10th, 2003

Mavericks debut, can new jersey

The Dallas Mavericks unveiled a second road uniform in an Oct. 28 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers, but it may not be seen again. The Dallas Morning News reported that owner Mark Cuban said he got "only three positive e-mails about the uniforms out of about 300." The new duds are dark silver, with the name "Mavericks" on the front of the jerseys. The current road and home uniforms say "Dallas" in that spot. The team is reportedly working on a new uniform in a lighter shade of silver.

www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2003/11/20031110/Coast-To-Coast/Coast-To-Coast.aspx?hl=

When you see a title like "Ugliest Uniforms in Sports History" AND it's from SI you shouldn't expect much. I didn't and was still disappointed.

Here's my advice to SI if you are going to use a title like that spend at least twice as long on research - get your intern to research 10 minutes through Google instead of 5.

Try to have a bit more focus - maybe just choose just the major leagues. Either focus on regular jerseys used for a while or choose one time and specialty jerseys. When you include soccer, minor league baseball, and tennis you are trying to make it look like you are looking at everything out there and you obviously aren't. I could find just specialty jerseys from minor hockey and some european hockey team jerseys that would bump off at least half the list - the K-Wings Ronald McDonald is a good example. I don't follow college football uniforms much at all but the Maryland one isn't bad by recent standards of college football uniforms.

If you are going to include an all-time list maybe you should exclude anything very recent and wait until the uniform has been around for a while.

Some may consider the Canucks, Nuggets and Astros are being loud and somewhat tacky but I like them and don't think they should make an all time worst top 30 list. Even if you object their style there are much more poorly designed uniforms out there using almost any criteria.

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

The turn ahead the clock jerseys shouldn't even count. Nuggets uniform was great. And I have never understood why people dislike the Astros rainbow. It was absolutely on-trend for the 70s and IMO holds up better than almost any other pullover.

I was gonna say the same thing. The turn ahead the clock jerseys, or any other one-off, gimmicky uniform, shouldn't be included on lists like this.

I know this is an opinion piece but this opinion is awful!

How could they possibly include:

Raptors 90's Big Raptor

Astros Rainbow

Nuggets Rainbow

TATC jerseys (it was a one day promotion which made it great)

Buccaneers Creamsicles

Padres Brown and Gold

Canadians Barber Pole Throwback

Steelers Bumble Bee Throwback

Eagles Baby Blue and Yellow Throwback

These are ALL GREAT uniforms in my opinion and I hold every single one of them in VERY high regard!

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

I know someone always says "let's not take this too seriously", which is a good idea. But particularly in this case. I know the title has the word "ugliest", but really, all they did was find some uniforms that most people find ugly...they did not rank them and they did not continue to look after finding 30. So our beefs are:

1. That they included some good ones. Yeah, I like the Creamsicle Bucs but I have accepted that they are an easy target for all these lists.
  2. Omissions. Who cares. As I said, they did not try hard enough for anyone to worry about the omissions.

I will add another one: The tennis player with the leopard print. Is it really, by definition, a "uniform? But who cares...it's just a silly list.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

No Moo-terus and no Dallas Cowboys with their 34,656 different shades of blue, silver and bluish silver? Replaced by Bucs creamsicle and Astros rainbow? Please. This list is pretty terrible.

Am I the only one who liked the original Toronto Raptors set?

am i the only one that doesn't like the yucks creamsicle uniforms

I hate them.

Whereas aqua and orange not only looks very Florida and works for a football team, that soft orange and odd red do not. It looks like a creamsicle. I've never liked bucco bruce, either.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived