Washington Capitals Third jersey concept

Roger Clemente

Hear is a pair of concepts I made based on the Washington, D.C. flag. I'm surprised that I haven't seen as many attempts to try and incorporate it into a jersey design as I've seen, but here is my attempt. The first concept is a more traditional jersey look that incorporates the elements. The second jersey replicates the flag exactly without regard to jersey tradition (though it doesn't seem so out of place and I think works nicely. I kept the actual primary logo. As much as the W-Eagle is a nice alternate logo, the identity mainly lies in the wordmark, which is unusual for any team that isn't MLB or NBA, but it's mostly been that way for the Caps (except for between 1996-2007). So here they are:

Capitals-001_zpsc385313e.png

Comments and critique welcome.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

The first jersey is pretty well done but the stripes feel cliche or forced if you know what I mean? But the second jersey I love the stripe design a lot. It looks great and flashy. It really looks good to the eyes. I bet this uniform would look great in red too.

One thing I could suggest though, I think it would be cool if each number had a star right in the center or maybe if you put on star on each side of the number.

Colorado Born and Raised!!

2gm6.png
LasVegasBowl_zpsdb9fb995.png

Alrighty! Seems we know which one is the best one, the one I expected.

I decided to shrink the stripes a tad and move the ones on the sleeves a bit farther down. I also decided give JJHoser's idea a shot; having stars flank the numbers. I put them in a permanent location so that a 2-digit number can safely fit between them.

Capitals-002_zpsfc1512c3.png

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I think the stars on the update are overkill. 24 stars on a uniform is a bit too much, and the ones flanking the numbers just feel out of place. Option B of the original set is perfect. Great work.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived