Homebrew Club Logo

Epiphanic

My local homebrew club is considering coming up with a new logo. Some members have said that it's not "DC-centric" enough to suggest that it's actually a DC based club. Here's the current logo:

cropped-logo.jpg

I'm taking a stab at it and this is my first prototype:

10952928023_1f4163380b.jpg

It's a bit rough, but I think the general thrust is there. Comments are welcome.

As a fellow homebrewer, I offer my take: I like the way some designers use the triangular layout of D.C. as an outline for an insignia, like along these lines (http://studiografik.com/WHERE_files/DC.png) I think it's distinctly unique to D.C. that any observer, casual or not, could identify it as such.

Although now I think it over, what if you took a hop leaf, like the ones you have above and modify it to have the Capitol's pointed dome on the top and call it "District Homebrewing" or something like that? Maybe a tagline of 'red, white and brew'? I think that would be pretty badass.

I do like what you're going for with the flag, though the paddle and wheat grain are just hard on the eyes and would take many viewers way too long to identify.

Archived