TheFallenHaveRisen

what do we think about modifying entries? Do we want to stick to a first entry is final format? or should we allow modification, as long as they hit the deadline?

I don't think we should do modified entries, because it is sort of unfair to adjust a submission because of comments that my have been recieved to try and help one improve their look

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clarification on rules

No C&C is allowed on concepts until the poll is up, this will be the future rule. So from LoGO! #3 on, modification to your concept will be allowed

That's why you should do e-mail submissions -- lol

Have I mentioned how much I love this quality turnout? We're on the back nine, folks! If you're planning on entering, you've got a couple more days to get it done. If you have entered already, wrangle up your buddies to enter!

I've got one almost done

Just gotta find a baseball SVG template I like. Then I can submit mine.

I have one from the UA catalog -- if you'd like to use it?

I forgot about the catalogs. Thanks. I grabbed some templates from the Nike 2012 catalog and modified them a bit.

dbrg.png

gYH2mW9.png

Just an idea, for the poll could we get a second and third place option? With this week, there's a wide variety of great entries that really stalled me from entering.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Just an idea, for the poll could we get a second and third place option? With this week, there's a wide variety of great entries that really stalled me from entering.

Then we would need to post our votes, because someone could vote for, say, the last entry GeauxColonels for 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

The poll keeps track of how many votes each one gets - I thought how #1 went worked pretty well. It's not a bad idea, but it's a bit more work involved.

The poll keeps track of how many votes each one gets - I thought how #1 went worked pretty well. It's not a bad idea, but it's a bit more work involved.

That's how most contests are run on here -- keeps from people stuffing the poll with votes from dupe accounts.

Clarification on rules

No C&C is allowed on concepts until the poll is up, this will be the future rule. So from LoGO! #3 on, modification to your concept will be allowed

This. I've been watching both rounds of this competition, and there are few simple fixes that would drastically increase the fairness of this competition:

1. Don't post any entries until the end of each round and voting begins. This keeps those still working on their entries from subconsciously "borrowing" from already-posted entries.
  2. Consider requiring exact size specifications for submissions (i.e. "All submissions should be on one 800 px by 800 px image). This helps make the entries look more uniform and allows for 1 to 1 comparrisons between entries without restricting what actual uniform, etc. templates are allowed.
  3. Anonymous entries. Have no names associated with the individual entries so that there is no partiality or favoritism.

Check back through old contests and see how they were run. Back in the day there were some good ones to draw from.

Clarification on rules

This. I've been watching both rounds of this competition, and there are few simple fixes that would drastically increase the fairness of this competition:

1. Don't post any entries until the end of each round and voting begins. This keeps those still working on their entries from subconsciously "borrowing" from already-posted entries.
  2. Consider requiring exact size specifications for submissions (i.e. "All submissions should be on one 800 px by 800 px image). This helps make the entries look more uniform and allows for 1 to 1 comparrisons between entries without restricting what actual uniform, etc. templates are allowed.
  3. Anonymous entries. Have no names associated with the individual entries so that there is no partiality or favoritism.

Check back through old contests and see how they were run. Back in the day there were some good ones to draw from.

That makes perfect sense Ted. I think we should try that next time.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Archived