TheFallenHaveRisen

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, not trying to put anyone down, but y'all do realize that even in the nineties that teams wouldn't use white pants with a grey jersey or pinstripe jerseys over solid white pants. No baseball team has ever done the aforementioned. Nor did 90's teams wear a solid navy uniform from head to toe.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Okay, not trying to put anyone down, but y'all do realize that even in the nineties that teams wouldn't use white pants with a grey jersey or pinstripe jerseys over solid white pants. No baseball team has ever done the aforementioned. Nor did 90's teams wear a solid navy uniform from head to toe.

I do. (shameless vote lobbying)

So where's your entry at?

The first page.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

The first page.

Good luck to you. You don't need to call people out, though - let the work speak for itself.

The first page.

Good luck to you. You don't need to call people out, though - let the work speak for itself.

I don't think that Griffin's comments were meant to be harmful to anyone, I think he was bringing up a valid point that the task at hand is to create a new identity as if it were the 1990's. All of the entries are great. I've been trying to get one put together myself but I'm not sure I'll have enough time to meet the deadline. But what I think Griffin is pointing out is that some entries seem more "90's-esque" than others. He's not saying they're bad....just saying that maybe they don't fit with the time period.

gYH2mW9.png

The first page.

I don't think that Griffin's comments were meant to be harmful to anyone, I think he was bringing up a valid point that the task at hand is to create a new identity as if it were the 1990's. All of the entries are great. I've been trying to get one put together myself but I'm not sure I'll have enough time to meet the deadline. But what I think Griffin is pointing out is that some entries seem more "90's-esque" than others. He's not saying they're bad....just saying that maybe they don't fit with the time period.

The 90's logos were about bold colors and doing something entirely new. The Rays had a gradient, The DBacks had Teal and Purple - I couldn't in good conscience give the Yankees purple and teal, so I opted for a uniform combo that'd never been done.

That said, I'm really excited to see so many people entering! This is exactly what I was hoping for, and I can't wait to see how far it goes!

The first page.

The 90's logos were about bold colors and doing something entirely new. The Rays had a gradient, The DBacks had Teal and Purple - I couldn't in good conscience give the Yankees purple and teal, so I opted for a uniform combo that'd never been done.

That said, I'm really excited to see so many people entering! This is exactly what I was hoping for, and I can't wait to see how far it goes!

I am going to agree with Kerry -- Griffin has a very good point about these entries. A lot of them don't really have a 90's feel at all. Even the one with the best logos destroys the 90s-feel with uniforms that don't fit the era what so ever. I'll be voting for the person who best captures the essence of the 90s.

The first page.

I am going to agree with Kerry -- Griffin has a very good point about these entries. A lot of them don't really have a 90's feel at all. Even the one with the best logos destroys the 90s-feel with uniforms that don't fit the era what so ever. I'll be voting for the person who best captures the essence of the 90s.

Yeah. I was just trying to point out that uniforms have not been done that way ever or since like the 20's. Anyway, the only thing 90's I could think of was italics. I was surely not going to give the Yankees a gradient lol. Windell's entry seems pretty 90's to me.

spacer.png

The first page.

Yeah. I was just trying to point out that uniforms have not been done that way ever or since like the 20's. Anyway, the only thing 90's I could think of was italics. I was surely not going to give the Yankees a gradient lol. Windell's entry seems pretty 90's to me.

Fair enough

Just realized my secondary looks just like Arizona softball.

softball3_display_image.jpg?1315322765

The first page.

The only problem is almost nobody created a new identity. Most people used navy pinstipes on a white jersey for home and all grey for their road with a navy alternate. Basically everybody copied what the Yankees wear now and put a different logo on it.

The first page.

Fair enough

Me personally, I'd agree with what Griff said. I'm kinda throwing out voting for anything that has a white jersey and gray pants, just my opinion though.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Archived