New York City Football Club logo

wences

That's my propose for the New York City Football Club logo. Mixed concepts from the two owners (Manchester City and New York Yankees) with the colours of the New York's flag.

Please, tell me what you think about it and share your logo proposes too. Many thanx.

sdhc.png

whereicomefrom.png

NY - Something about the Yankees logo over blue, white and orange seems not right to me. What with the Mets connection to those colours as well as the NY flag.

New York City Football club is owned by Manchester City Football Club and New York Yankees. It would have no sense to have something about NY Mets in their logo.

whereicomefrom.png

NY - Something about the Yankees logo over blue, white and orange seems not right to me. What with the Mets connection to those colours as well as the NY flag.

New York City Football club is owned by Manchester City Football Club and New York Yankees. It would have no sense to have something about NY Mets in their logo.

Which is why I commented on it being strange that the Mets primary colours are on the logo.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Which is why I commented on it being strange that the Mets primary colours are on the logo.

The name of the team is New York City FC and that's the New York City flag.

whereicomefrom.png

The name of the team is New York City FC and that's the New York City flag.

...And that is the NY Yankees slapped on top of the NY Mets main colours.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I can understand that Manchester City and the Yankees have ownership stakes in the club, but I don't think that is any reason to simply barrow their club identities to make the New York FC crest. I would hope that the NYFC crest would be something new and fresh to create a completely new club identity that isn't dependent on the Yankees or Man City. The NYFC crest should reflect the city of New York more than that of Manchester.

76p2.jpg

• 2 months later...

Would like to see logo concepts with no black. Just use team colors. No black outlines either.

my take on the NYCFC logo, note that the outline isn't black, it's more of a very dark blue :D it's still very basic, the NYC thing inside the heart may look a bit dubious for some, but i'm still working on various designs for that, also a way to make the FC writing look better. so it's more of a sketch i made, but can be further improved i think..

1lnb.jpg

Archived