Boston Peregrines?

Elijah Summerdrum

I know this was posted under 'concepts' but this is not a concept of any team... I just made this on my own. It's a logo of my favorite bird, (the world's fastest flying bird) the peregrine falcon...PeregrineFalcon_zpsd5fa48f5.jpg?t=138499

and my logo... comments? complaints?

BostonPeregrines_zps65f02ab4.png?t=13849

i tried to avoid using gold and vegas gold, so i just stuck with vegas. And of course I made a few tweaks to make him look better. Mostly on his beak...

What he meant was that the bird IRL has an almost seamless transition from the slope of the forehead with the beak, with a slight divot.

You pretty much have a right angle between the head and the beak.

You either need to slant the forehead more, or tilt the beak down, or both,

No he is saying that the hump from the beak going to the forehead should not be as much as it is judging by your reference pick.

Also the dark part of the eye should be to the front with the vegas gold in the back because right now the bird is looking behind him & not forward.

Peregrine is going to work in most cities because peregrine falcons are well adapted to large cities. However, the word "peregrine" literally means "pilgrim", which makes it the perfect name for a Boston team.

rATMcmK.png

Maybe Atlanta? Maybe even somewhere in France or Germany?

But the head shape is a definite improvement, I quite like it.

That's right I never said keep the location within the United States...

Peregrine is going to work in most cities because peregrine falcons are well adapted to large cities. However, the word "peregrine" literally means "pilgrim", which makes it the perfect name for a Boston team.

Huh, did not know that. But that makes this location and team name make much more sense..

Your progress has been great. The beak needs work. Make the end more hooked. Right now it doesn't look like the beak of a bird of prey. Also, that little "tooth" in the middle of the beak you can see in the ref pic, is actually very diagnostic of Peregines, as they use it to kill their prey (they're my fave animal, too ;) ), so you may want to consider having it in the logo. The gold outline at the end of the beak also makes no sense, it goes MUCH further than the actual logo does. The lines on the bottom half of the head are also too jagged and haphazard, make them smoother to fit in with the rest of your logo. I'm not big on the colors (brown and gold could be wonderful), but they're alright. Not bad so far, just needs some touching up!

The jagged indigo area (my fave colour so yay) below the eye is totally haphazard, and doesn't bear any resemblance to the markings of a peregrine falcon. I'd simplify that considerably. In the reference photo, it looks like that area sweeps back. I'd suggest the front of that area be a smooth curve, and the back of it serrated, which would lend a fast, aerodynamic feel to the logo.

I'd also tweak the other colour (pale pewter?) towards the yellow part of the spectrum, to play off the natural complementary relationship between purples and yellows.

rATMcmK.png

Your progress has been great. The beak needs work. Make the end more hooked. Right now it doesn't look like the beak of a bird of prey. Also, that little "tooth" in the middle of the beak you can see in the ref pic, is actually very diagnostic of Peregines, as they use it to kill their prey (they're my fave animal, too ;) ), so you may want to consider having it in the logo. The gold outline at the end of the beak also makes no sense, it goes MUCH further than the actual logo does. The lines on the bottom half of the head are also too jagged and haphazard, make them smoother to fit in with the rest of your logo. I'm not big on the colors (brown and gold could be wonderful), but they're alright. Not bad so far, just needs some touching up!

As requested, duller beak, with the "tooth". I also thinned the outline from the beak-point outline debacle. I also tried a new nostril that looks more like the one on my reference.BostonPeregrines5_zpsf0a86f5a.jpg

Archived